11-27-2018 04:45 PM
I got a hp stream 14 in a storage auction. Finally got past admin password. Now it says the win 10 os is missing. How do I fix this? Thank you for sharing your knowledge. Noob trying not to be a noob.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-27-2018 05:35 PM
You can reinstall W10 as follows...
To reinstall W10...Use the Media Creation Tool. Make the 64 bit installation media.
You can make a W10 USB flash drive installer using an 8 GB flash drive using another Windows PC, since your PC is not working.
W10 will find the product key in the PC's BIOS, install and will automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.
Here are the steps to create the W10 USB flash drive installer...
- Select Download tool now, and select Run.
- If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.
- On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.
Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10. You want 64 bit.
- Select which media you want to use:
- USB flash drive. Plug in a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space. Any content on the flash drive will be deleted.
Then you can install the drivers and available software from the PC's support page.