11-24-2019 02:30 AM
2 Day old Laptop. All updates have been run- windows/HP Bios. Used the virtual assistane - not helpful. When moved to Tent mode screen does not rotate Roatation button in Setting/Display Screen are greyed out Have seen some of the blogs etc on the net- tried the fixes - no luck. Updated drivers. etc. Currently the device is not fit for purpose.
I get the impression that it a fault with windows and /or HP - possible not working together......
I am not a techee so keep any response simple please.
Any assitiance or guidance will be welcome.
11-26-2019 05:13 PM - edited 11-26-2019 05:15 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
refer to Reset a laptop with a sealed or non-removable battery
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee