Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 7 Tablet
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

hello, please could you help me with the windows number, I´m triying of restore the system. The model part is: 5701LA PN:G4U87LA#ABM, HP SPARE: 794637-161. I already downladed the iso file from microsoft and have a bootable pendrive. Please your kindly support.

Thanks a lot. BR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@javo0786

As mentioned above and you already have ISO file for Windows 8.1. Please use it to install.

During the installation process, it may ask for a key, please SKIP and continue. Windows should activate when you come online.

Because the key is embedded is BIOS.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@javo0786

Your machine coould be the following machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Stream-Tablets/7439994/model/7482041/document/c04488086/

Are you talking about reinstall Windows 8.1 and you need license key (not serial number). If yes, you only need license key then please go ahead to install, Windows 8.1 license key is embedded in BIOS already.

During the installation process, it may ask for a key, please SKIP and continue. Windows should activate when you come online.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello, Yes that´s correct, I only need the windows license key, I try to skyp but I can't. It is necessary put in the license key. I have not the box neither the user manual. Can you provide me this win license?.

Thanks

HP Recommended

The Stream 7 tablet came with Windows 8.1 with Bing which an install image is not officially available from Microsoft.  The only way to reinstall and activate Windows 8.1 is to use a recovery USB.  If you did not create one previously, you could order one from HP.  If your recovery partition is still intact, you could also try holding the volume down button while powering up to enter the System Setup menu and then pressing the F11 recovery option.

HP Recommended
No, the recovery partition is damaged. So, the only way is ordering the recovery usb. Which is the cost of this recovery tool?.

Thanks
HP Recommended

I am not sure the current cost, previous posts indicated it was in the $40 US range. In this thread, someone uploaded a copy of their Stream 7 recovery ISO file, use it at your own risk of course. If the Windows 10 upgrade was performed and activated, you could also download the Windows 10 image from Microsoft and install that.

HP Recommended

@javo0786

As mentioned above and you already have ISO file for Windows 8.1. Please use it to install.

Because the key is embedded is BIOS.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I expect however that unless the Windows 8.1 ISO file is for Windows 8.1 with Bing, the installation will succeed but the activation will fail.  That was my previous experience at least, let us know how it goes.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.