Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The sound for onboard speakers on an elitepad 1000 g2 is not working, sound only works if I connect external speakers.

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hello Lipso,

Have you gone into the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound and see if the speakers are enabled as default?

Also, did this just happen after a Windows Update or other software installation?

HP Recommended

Hi, I checked the sound settings on the control panel and they are fine but there is no sound comming out. I also restored my system to an earlier date when sound was working but it is still not working.

HP Recommended

The fact that the external speakers work makes me think reloading drivers wouldn't make a difference.

You might need a mouse to make this easier.

Right click the Volume icon in the bottom system tray (if you have the traditional desktop showing for 8.1).

Click on Playback Devices.

Right click on the default Speakers you say are correctly chosen and click Test.

Do the internal speakers work for the test?

If yes, a setting is skewed or a program is altering the volume. You may have to restore Windows to factory if it would be faster than spending the time troubleshooting.

If no, it could be a hardware issue. If the tablet is under warranty, I would contact HP Support directly.

Contact HP -USA Phone Assist | HP® Official Site

HP tech support/ customer service phone numbers to call HP 

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem on a new elitepad 1000.

I don't think its a hardware problem, as the pad's speakers did work fine.

Perhaps they stopped after I put it on the HP dock & used external speakers? (which still work)

The internal speakers don't work on that last sound test suggested, though the volume mixer shows pulses of sound being sent. 

External speakers work fine

In 'Sound', when undocked, the only speakers listed are 'Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) Default Device' & they are on & set at full volume.

I've upgraded to Windows 10 but the problem remains.

Anyone have an inkling what setting may have gone wrong

HP Recommended

If the "Intel SST Audio Device (WDM)" is set to enabled / default but no sound is coming from the internal speakers,

you can try to reset the service.

Go to the Search bar and type Services and choose it from the list that pops up.

Scroll down to Windows Audio and click one to highlight it.

Click the Stop the service link on the top left side.

Wait a moment for it to stop, then...

Click the Restart the service link.

Exit out of the window and test the speakers again.

Services audio.jpg

Right click on the speaker icon in the tool tray on the bottom of the desktop.

Click the Open Volume Mixer.

Click on the Speaker icon to open the Speakers Properties.

"Use this device (enable)" should be showing in the General tab.

Click on the Advanced tab and use the Test button.

You should hear the chimes playing.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for taking the time to respond PhotoRay. I had high hopes, but regret there's still not a tweet out of my sulking speakers after I tried your new suggestions. (The test audio outputs were visible in the volume mixer)

The INTEL SST properties says ‘this device is working properly’

The audio troubleshooter program, reported back, all’s OK

I’ve now run a blue-tooth speaker on the ElitePad. It works fine.... Would that use the inboard speakers Audio Driver?

I noticed in Advanced Speaker Properties; ‘Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device’ was ticked. In case the HP dock’s speakers had somehow silenced those on the pad, I unticked the 3 squares & restarted Windows (& put the 3 ticks back when that didn’t help)

In the STT Device properties ‘Events’ tab : ‘Device install requested’ [dated yesterday, when Windows 10 arrived (though the speakers didn’t work 3d ago)] : 5mins later ‘Device migrated’ : 1m later ‘driver service added (Intel SST)’ & 1m later ‘Device installed (isstrtc.inf)’
In ‘Information section it says ’Device ACPI\80860F28\1 requires further installation’

AH, SO IS THIS THE PROBLEM? I’ve no idea about how to try ‘further installing’ it

Regards Geoff

HP Recommended

Can you go into the Device Manager and see if any yellow caution signs are next to the speaker devices?

You can go to the Search Bar and type in Device Manager to select it.

Click the drop down arrow for Audio inputs and outputs and look at the contents.

Click the drop down arrow for Sound, video and game controllers.

Same thing.

If you find one, right click and uninstall it.

Restart the tablet and let it reinstall the driver.

Does that help any?

HP Recommended

Thanks;

No yellow caution signs in Audio or Sounds

Sound section had 3 items;
1) BT502 : 2) SST Audio & 3) Realtec I25
General tabs all says all 'working properly'; but all 3 Events Tabs disagee, saying "requires further installation".

I deleated all three, they were all re-instated and 'working properly' but the Events Tabs disagees saying

1) IC-BTS02 : says Device BTHENUM\{0000110b-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_LOCALMFG&000f\6&19dc29ab&0&C07AA500C74F_C00000000 requires further installation.

2) Intel SST : says Device ACPI\80860F28\1 requires further installation.

3) Realtec l25 : says Device ACPI\INTCCFFD\2 requires further installation.

Regards Geoff

HP Recommended

Are you running Windows 8.1 or 10?

I will have to admit, finding driver downloads is not my forte.

HP support has the chipset drivers that include the Audio for 8.1 here: Intel Slate IO/Video/Audio/Camera Driver Package

Can you reinstall these to see if that does it?

HP doesnt have that one for 10.

You can try the direct driver from Realtek here for 8.1 or 10: Link

Other than that, I am not sure what else you can do beyond clean installing Windows and starting over.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.