Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP notebook 14-am008nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello,

i would like to upgrade the ssd flash  from 32Go to 64go minimum ( windows is not able to upgrade because of the memory). I have seen a connector inside the notebook. ( one seven and eight femelle connector , one mm pitch)

what is the name of the memory stick to plug into ? 

thank you by advance !

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bbeltra

The eMMC 32GB storage has different shape and size. Normally eMMC storage is soldered to the motherboard. In this case that could be an adapter for the eMMC chip.

Yes, you can replace 32GB with 64GB using the following part

eMMC drive, 64 GB, includes eMMC board, bracket, cable, foam, and screws part # 903803-001

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thank you !

but price is much higher than the PC itself .

i give up !

best regards.

HP Recommended

Yes its over $400 from HP.

I will also add...

I'm curious as to why you would be limited to only eMMC drives?

In the manual, the bottom plate is the same for both.

It uses the same Sata connector. Looks like you can attach the cable from either end. I would open the case and look at it to verify.

If you have the eMMC board currently, replace it with the SSD board.

I found one here for under $20 US... 822347-001.

Then buy an m.2 sata drive for under $100 US.

You can see this in the Maintenance Manual photos...

eMMC board

EMMc board.JPG

M.2 Sata board

m2 sata connector cable.JPG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.