Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

what do i do  should  after 100% charge ?? do i have to unplug  the charger or leave it 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can leave it connected for up to two weeks at a time.

If you never plan to move the PC, then HP recommends you remove the battery.

See this HP link for battery care...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00596784

HP Recommended
Thank you paul_Tikkanen...that mean leave the charger connected is effect on battery and it maybe damaged it.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Maybe not damage it, but it will reduce its lifespan somewhat.

The guidance is to never leave the battery in the notebook if you are always going to have it plugged in.

So, if you are like me, and you usually have the notebook plugged in at one location, then every two weeks, unplug it and run it off the battery until you get the low battery warning.  Then charge it up again.

There are times when I move the notebook around, so I wouldn't want to have to keep installing and removing the battery.

That could cause problems too, if you break the latch that secures the battery to the notebook.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.