04-24-2019 05:00 AM - edited 04-25-2019 04:33 PM
Bios is a constant update loop (I have a HP desktop 500-539 with windows 10)
1. Updated BIOS vis windows HP assissnat. File found via updated was HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B35) sp77785.exe
2, Windows proceeded with update, and stated in needed to restart amd and now is constant BIOS reboot stating error 500 and BIOS keeps rewriting and rebooting.
1. Loading updated BIOS via USB - file sp77785.exe but get same issue
2. Doing a hard reset to clear before trying to resintall, ie unplug all peripherals, took out CMOS battery and even tried clearing the CMOS via the CM Clear pin on the motherboard - again same issue
3. Tried Widows + B. When do it shows the BIOS I was triying to install was installed, then states hit esc to start up. But again just relaod BIOS again and goes back into a loop
4. Tried loading a newer version of the BIOS ( Release date: May 14, 2018 File name:sp87681.exe
and now gettign message "The System BIOS recovery failed. Unable to open BIOS Image file"
I've spent over 6 hours trying to fix even tried calling HP tech support and after 30 min asking me question their response was as I'm out of warrantly I need to call a different department and pay obtain support
I've searched many forums and many many people have the same issue, many recommendations but no one posted any Working solutions. Not sure if HP even has a fix, but I keep asking why do they have this BIOS update out there if they know it bricks your PC
Any help is appreciated
Any advise apprecited.