08-15-2019 09:11 AM - edited 08-15-2019 09:47 AM
I recently bought this laptop, HP 15-dw0015nl, and since the day one the display goes blank randomly.
I can see the backlight is still on, and the PC is still working underneath. If I press the power button putting the PC to sleep and wake it up, the display turns back to normal.
There is no predictable usage pattern that can lead to the blank screen, and I tried everything I could to solve the issue:
- Launching EVERY test in uefi recovery mode (every test returns ok)
- Reinstall Windows 10
- Update Windows to latest version (1809 first and 1903 later)
- Update Driver from the official HP page for the Intel Card (latest package with version 188.8.131.5271 Rev.A sp96908.exe) and from the Intel Driver Page
- Update Driver from the official HP page for the Nvidia Card (latest package with version 184.108.40.20614 Rev.A sp98296.exe) and from the NVidia Driver Page
- Try every power management profile combination
Despite my effort, none of the taken actions are working.
I'm so stressed and disappointed, I really regret buying this laptop, so angry!