04-08-2020 12:57 PM
I have a C drive and a D drive on this laptop. The D drive keeps disappearing and I need help because I have tried various suggestions already on support troubleshooting guides.
1. Looked in Disc Management, D drive doesn't show up.
2. Looked in Device Manager and the only thing that pops up is my C drive.
3. I've updated all of my drivers,updates and software (as far as I know) through HP Support Assistant
4. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my D drive, nothing happens.
5. As a side note, the D drive can appear sometimes from a restart or a hard reset for a short while and then disappears again, especially when trying to install stuff onto the D drive.
6. I have tried resetting my PC removing all my files.
7. I have tried formatting my D drive several times
8. I have checked for virus, malware etc and everything was clear and no threats were detected.
9. Another side note, my PC has started to have performance issues also with the laptop taking more time than normal to load stuff and some programs can have "not responding" even with only 1 program running.
I am running out of ideas, this laptop is 4 months old and I'm very annoyed that this is happening after spending so much money on it especially with the problems with COVID-19 adding to the stress. I hope someone can help me.
Solved! Go to Solution.