Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket Studio VCVRA-1802

Just set up my new Xmas present Sprocket Studio printer and installed the cartridge as directed...now it says cartridge needs replacing. It’s very stiff to push into the slot...is that normal? Was I supposed to fiddle with the cartridge in some way prior to pushing it into the slot?? I just followed the directions precisely and it keeps coming up with this message. Anyone else had this and resolved it? I get a blinking red light on the printer and my device says reinstall cartridge. Help! Was so excited to try new printer and it doesn’t work :’((

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Rosie1975

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps:

Reset the printer to clear internal errors, print job issues, and power problems. To reset the printer, disconnect the power cord or power bank for 30 seconds.

NOTE: 

A reset does not clear any personalized settings, such as custom names or colors.

Disconnecting the power cord

To install the ink cartridges:

To know how to setup the printer, refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I get the same thing. Bought and tried a second cartridge.  Yes the cartridge takes effort to insert or remove.  My problem (maybe yours) is that the "film" in the cartridge is ripping.  Not sure if it happens when I insert the cartridge.  I think it may be happening when I try to print (paper causing the tear?).  Brand new, wasting a lot of money, and not working.  Sorry, but just showing me the directions (which I have) is of no help.

HP Recommended

@drmorbius

I understand your concerns. I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.