Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP, 

I have just purchased my HP Sprocket yesterday and tried printing some photos. The colors of the printed photos deviate from the photos from my phone quite a bit. The colors tend to be very dark even when I boost the exposure of the photo when editing. In addition, there are shades of blue at the area of whites. May I know what to do about it? I have tried everything recommended in the FAQ section which includes resetting, re-calibrating, letting it cool down, using genuine HP Zink paper etc. 

I do understand that portable photo printers do not deliver superb printing quality but this is kinda unacceptable. Please advice. If samples are required, I am more than happy to provide some photos of the printed and actual ones. 

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Eric Kiew

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@erickiew0322

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Sprocket printer. I read that the colors of the printed photos deviate from the photos from your phone. The colors tend to be very dark even when you boost the exposure of the photo when editing. In addition, there are shades of blue at the area of whites. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I suggest you to contact our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options because the steps mentioned under. "What can I do to improve print quality?" under FAQs should fix the issue. If not then the evidence points towards a hardware issue with the HP Sprocket. 

I hope this information helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.