Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp Sprocket

I am using a Sony Xperia X. I set up the printer and paired it with the phone the first time and it printed fine, but after turning off the printer and re connecting another time the app said the printer was not connected however  the phone was paired. If i reset everything, including the printer itself, the phone and reinstalling the app and repairing again it works fine. However once turning off and going back another time the same problem happens. 

I feel like i have tried everything and i dont want to be resetting everying everytime i want to use it.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is vignesh B.

Welcome to HP Consumer Support Forum. I am happy to assist you!

I am glad to help you with this issue. It seems like the firmware issue. So, please kindly open the HP Sprocket application. At the right side of the screen, you will get an option to download and install the firmware. Please kindly install the new firmware update which helps you to fix the issue.

Please contact 1-800-474-6836 for any assistance. We work 24*7.
Thank you for choosing HP. Have a wonderful day ahead.

Please click the "Thumbs Up", to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue.

I am an HP Employee.

Ricky
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi bethanyyy,

Here are the specific steps to update the firmware with HP Sprocket app:

Upgrade the printer firmware

HP regularly releases printer updates. Upgrading the printer firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.
  2. On your mobile device, open the HP Sprocket app.
  3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

1. Look for a printer firmware upgrade.
    • If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
    • If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up to date. 
  2. After updating the printer firmware, try to print.

Please let me know if this helped!

Jesyka 🙂

I work on behalf of HP. #HPExpertsDay

Please click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.