Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket
Whenever I go into the app to print a photo, the display is blurry, therefore making the picture blurry. I have reinstalled the app and have checked my camera roll to see if the pictures were originally blurry, which turns out to not be the case. It is not the printer that is the problem, nor the fact that the picture hadn't loaded yet as I have waited several minutes.

Help would be appreciated as I've been wanting this printer since I've heard about it and it would be an awful disappointment for my parents to have wasted their money. Thank you
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello, @fallenshadow18 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out on HP Support Forums. I’d like to be of your assistance!

I understand that you are having issues with your new HP Sprocket. I understand the photos are blurry on your app and hence getting the same result while printing the pics. To isolate the issue further, could you please install and connect the sprocket on a different phone and check. You can unpair the phone once the testing is done. 

Alternatively, try to reset the printer and check. Uninstall the printer app. Then, on the printer, locate the reset button near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds to reset the printer. reinstall the app once done and check.

Once done, reconnect the printer via Bluetooth.

You can check http://hp.care/2ilvn9u for detailed troubleshooting steps.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
I am having the same issue right now with blurry photos. Except it is only certain pictures of mine, not all. I followed the steps you advised and did not work. There are no other troubleshooting topics in that link regarding this either. Can anything else be done or do I have to settle with only being able to print certain ones?
HP Recommended

I figured this out.  If you edited the photos on your phone or ipad - change them back to the original state (revert) and then transfer them to the sprocket app - they wont be blurry.  You can crop or edit them in the sprocket app and they seem to work just fine.  This resolved the issue for me.

HP Recommended
Yes, you are correct about altered originals viewing blurry in the app. Unfortunately, you cannot adjust color and lighting on the app like on the iPhone. +95% of my pics have been altered in some way. Viewing/printing was not an issue with ANY of my pics until recently. I honestly believe it was the latest iOS update that has caused this issue, although I have no way to prove so.
HP Recommended
I have found the same thing to be true w me too. Most of the photos i want to print have been edited. And like you said there is no editing options for lighting in the sprocket app. This is so disappointing. I have been looking forward to this printer for ages but it's useless if I can't print my edited photos!
HP Recommended

Same issue. I just got the Sprocket, and I  need to be able to edit my photos! Especially if you have warmer photos, it is best to make them a little cooler so they print nicer. Very frustrated that I cannot edit in iOS. I hope they come out with a fix. Anyone know fi the Polaroid Zip does the same thing?

HP Recommended

Hey guys, I was struggling so much with this same blurry photo issue and thought that it was because I upgraded to a new iphone and maybe the resolution was cauting the problem.  I tried using unmodified photos also with no luck.  While trying to set a new home screen I had a brilliant idea that I wanted to try with the sprocket app and it totally worked!!  I took a screen shot of the photo I wanted to print, modified or not, so that it showed up in the camera roll.  From there, I accessed the screen shot version of the photo in the sprocket app and it shows up crystal clear.  I was so happy since I had also believed that I was never going to be able to use the printer as I wanted.  Please try this and best of luck.

HP Recommended
IT WORKS - EXCELLENT!!! Thank you sooo much for sharing your solution!!! 😀👍
HP Recommended

@FriendlySkies1

Glad to hear it's sorted !!

🙂

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.