Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
iOS

hELLO, 

i JUST GOT MY FIRST SPROCKET AND AFTER i TRIED SETTING IT UP on my iphone  i STUMMBLED UPON ONE REALLY FRUSTRATING ISSUE. eVERY TIME i'M TRYING TO ACCESS MY CAMERA ROLL THROUGH THE SPROCKET APP, IT KEEPS TELLING ME THIS "photo access restricted. photo access is restricted on this device. Please check your settings". Which I do check and it looks all good to me. What am I missing??

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@oKAMI7,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I see that you are having issues while using the HP Sprocket app. I downloaded and installed the app myself and I am able to access my whole gallery through the app.

If you are having issues, uninstall the app completely and then download and install the app. Once installed the app will request permission to access your pic, make sure to give all the permissions. That should help you access the phone gallery.

Go to http://hp.care/2fyktMX and check the steps under “Step 4” for steps.

Alternatively, you can try these steps here: The HP sprocket app or printer firmware might be outdated, or the printer might be connected to another Apple iOS device.

1. On your mobile device, go to the HP sprocket app (in English) in the App Store and check for an update.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app and make sure the printer firmware is up-to-date.

3. Turn off the Bluetooth feature on any nearby Apple iOS devices, and then try to reconnect your Apple iOS device.

For detailed troubleshooting steps, go to Cannot Connect, Print, or Update Firmware (Apple iOS).

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I understand the Sprocket App does not have permission to access the camera roll. There is a pop-up that appears the first time you launch the app requesting access to the camera roll. It must have been denied. Don't worry the setting can be changed. 

Go to Settings and scroll to the bottom until you find Sprocket and tap on it. You might have to scroll down for awhile. There is  a choice under Sprocket settings for Photos make sure it is set to read and write. It will have a checkmark when selected. Make sure the Camera and Save Camera Photos button show as green. Green means they are enabled. If not green tap on the toggle button and it will then have access.

Regards,

StretchMusic

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.