Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket Photo Printer X7N07A
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi, I have been trying to follow the instructions to connect my iphone X with my sprocket printer.

I've tried it at least 5 times to make sure that I'm following each step correctly. I even used the straight pin to reset my sprocket without luck.

Where I'm getting stuck is when I try to connect the sprocket to my phone via bluetooth (after I've restarted my phone).

The sprocket doesn't show up in "other devices" even when I wait a long time and the phone and sprocket are next to each other. Also, there's no place to search manually within Settings -> Bluetooth.

I don't know what else to try! Thanks for your help! 

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

@katrinau,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to connect the Sprocket printer to your iPhone.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• Are you getting any error message?
  • Have you tried connecting the sprocket to a different phone?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article to connect the printer to your phone.

https://hp.care/2JoUvH9

You can also refer to the below video.

https://hp.care/2I85BmX

Awaiting your reply and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your response!

I looked at both references you sited. 

When I have the sprocket powered up and go into my iphone X Bluetooth settings, the phone does not see the sprocket as available to connect to. It just searches and searches under "Other Devices." 

I've tried turning the Bluetooth off and back on again, the sprocket off and back on again, and nothing seems to change.

What should I do next?

Thanks again, I really would like to use my sprocket printer!

HP Recommended

@katrinau,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you reset the sprocket and then try connecting it to your phone and test.

Here is how it is done.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Locate the reset button near the charging port.

1. Figure : Locating the reset button

Locating the reset button
  2. Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

The printer resets and turns off.

3. Turn on the printer.

If you continue to face the issue, I recommend you update the printer firmware and test.

Here is how it is done.

1. Make sure the printer is charged 50% or more.

2. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

3. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

4. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

5. Tap Printers, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

6. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up-to-date.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying so promptly!

I reset the printer following the instructions you sent. The phone was still not able to see the printer as an option to connect with in the Bluetooth settings.

When I open the sprocket app and tap on "printers," it says "no sprockets connected. Pair your bluetooth sprocket printer with this device. Make sure the sprocket printer is on and bluetooth connected."

Well, since I can't get the printer to be recognized by the phone, I'm not able to check for a firmware update.

What would my next steps be?

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

@katrinau,

I recommend you try connecting the sprocket to a different phone and check whether it works.

Awaiting your reply!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Great suggestion!

Ok, I just used my son's phone and it worked - I was even able to print. Great news.

So the printer is not the problem - it's my iphone X. What might the solution be now so that I can use my own phone?

HP Recommended

@katrinau,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

I recommend you uninstall the sprocket app from your phone and reinstall it and check whether it resolves the issue.

If the issue persists, I recommend you connect any other Bluetooth device to your phone and check if it works.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is fascinating.

I deleted the sprocket app and reloaded it. It's taking me through the inital setup process, just like I did on my son's phone. but when it gets to the part where it says "Connect Printer," it doesn't do anything. On my son's phone, it found it at this part of the setup process. 

I then went into my phone's Bluetooth settings to see if it can find the sprocket, and it can't.

I know Bluetooth works because I use it with my Apple Watch daily and with my LG Bluetooth headset very frequently (earlier today in fact).

So Bluetooth works, just not with this sprocket for some reason.

HP Recommended

@katrinau,

I recommend you connect the sprocket to the other phone and update the sprocket firmware and then try connecting to your phone and check.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.