Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket 200

I cannot find the printer in my Bluetooth list.  It worked once but now it won't turn on its as if the Bluetooth on the printer had somehow been switched off

I have reset my printer doing both a hardware AND a factory reset.  I have made sure the printer is fully charged and restarted my phone and the device

Device is HP Sprocket 200.

I am using android 7.0 and the app version is 2.57.0.  I have ensured this app is uptodup-to and uninstall and reinstalled the app.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Ronan87

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the Bluetooth connectivity. 

This issue can occur due to various reasons like printer settings, firmware update, hardware issue,... are to name a few. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. Don't worry, I'm here to help!  

Let's try these steps - 

Step 1 Turn on the Sprocket and check battery status -

1) Turn on the Sprocket, and then open the HP sprocket app.
2) Tap the Menu icon, and then tap sprocket.
3) Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.
4) Under the Status section, locate Battery. Ensure the battery charge is 20% or higher. If the charge is less than 20%, charge the battery for 30 minutes.

Step 2 Confirm Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your Sprocket -

On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your Sprocket.

1) Turn on the Sprocket.
2) On your mobile device, locate the Bluetooth menu in your wireless connection settings.
3) Look for your Sprocket 
in the list. If the Sprocket does not display in either list, move the Sprocket and your mobile device closer together, and then tap Search or Scan. When the Sprocket displays, tap it to connect.
4) On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.
5) Tap the Menu icon, tap sprocket, and then tap Manage Printers. If your Sprocket does not display: Tap Add New Printer and then tap your printer.

Step 3 Reset your mobile device and Sprocket -

1) Turn off your mobile device, and then turn it back on.
2) Turn on the Sprocket.
3) Locate the Reset button.

Locating the Reset button on the HP Sprocket 200 Printer

4) Remove the paper cover, and then use a narrow object, such as a pen or paperclip, to press and hold the Reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.
5) Turn on the Sprocket.

Step 4 Upgrade the Sprocket firmware -

1) Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.
2) On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.
3) Tap the Menu icon, and then tap sprocket.
4) Tap Printer Settings, and then look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
  • If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.

If the issue still persists I have sent you a Private Message with the next course of action.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes. 

To thank us for our efforts to help you, please mark the public post as "Accept as solution" and click on the blue "Thumbs up".  

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with connecting via bluetooth.  

The Sprocket printed 9 photos yesterday but today it coant be found as a blue tooth device.  I have tried using both the reset options but neither have helped.

What can I do next?

HP Recommended

@Ian181

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Barachiel is at your service. 

I Understand you are in need of support,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message with the required information's,

Good Luck. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was also using the Sprocket 200 successfully a week or so ago, and now it doesn't show up in my Bluetooth.  I tried resetting the Sprocket, restarting my phone, reinstalling the app, and the app doesn't recognize that a Sprocket is nearby to set up.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.