Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hello, @FTrindade

I see that you were interacting with @A4Apollo. I would like to jump in with a suggestion!

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the HP Sprocket app? If not tried already, uninstall/remove the HP sprocket app from your mobile device, clear the cache, restart your phone and reinstall the app. Now try to print different pictures and check if that makes any difference.

Thanks, I'll watch for your reply!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello @FTrindade - 

Thanks for your thorough feedback in this thread.  We absolutely value you as an HP customer and want to make sure we understand/address your concern.

First off, can you confirm the firmware that is running on your Sprocket printer?  After powering on and pairing the printer to your phone, go to menu -> sprocket -> printers -> Firwmare Version (e.g. 1.1.0).

Secondarily, today we released an updated firmware code that does have color map improvements.  You can upgrade by following the instructions below:

• First, make sure the Sprocket is charged to at least 75% battery and powered on.
  • Ensure the Sprocket is paired to your mobile device.
  • On your mobile device, open the HP Sprocket app and go to menu -> sprocket -> Printers; A ‘blue’ firmware update link will be present or a pop-up message will appear if an update is available.
  • After clicking the link or upgrade prompt, follow onscreen process/instructions.

With ZINK technology, prints will never have the same vibrancy or contast as what you see on your phone screen, or even what you may be accustomed to with home inkjet or lab prints.   This is the nature of trading off perfect print quality for the portability/convenience of sprocket.

Please let me know if the suggestions above address your issue.

Thanks!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
I also have same problem of HP Sprocket. It print out photo different with the app. There have few yellow for the photos, restart device or reinstall app also same have yellow with edit or without edit, some photos can see the print line and some photos behind had little bit white. I use 12pcs photos ady...🙄
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with a printer I literally bought so doing all the advised resets seems pointless since I just installed it yesterday. I used the paper that came with it and the first image that came out was washed out. What is the FIX for this? If there isn’t one then the printer may be going back to the store.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.