Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket Photo Printer
iOS

Hello!  I've had my Sprocket for about 3 months now.  When I first got it, it worked great!  I got it out for Christmas photos and now it prints two vertical black lines through the picture.  I've searched every where in the FAQ's and I can't find anything.  I've already tried to recalibrate the printer and that has not helped one bit.  Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get rid of these lines? Thank you! Dana 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @DHigs2762,

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉

I appreciate your time and efforts,

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out,

I'm the Flower_Bud & I'm at your service.

I suggest you contact our phone support. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @DHigs2762, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have print quality issues on your sprocket printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you printing using HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper?

As you mentioned when you print from the sprocket printer you see vertical lines on the printed images.

First, try updating the IOS and the sprocket app to the latest version and check if it helps.

Please, the few steps recommended below.

Use these recommendations to help improve print quality.
Use genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper. ZINK® makes custom photo paper for a variety of printers, such as Polaroid, LG, and HP. HP recommends using HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper for best results. To purchase genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper, go to the HP Sprocket homepage. You can also purchase genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper from other retailers.
Clean the output rollers with the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet from the same pack of photo paper currently in the printer. Load the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet into the input tray with the bar code facing down and the photo paper with the print side facing up, and then send a print job.
   NOTE:
Load photo paper with the Smartsheet to avoid an Out of Paper error message.
Update the printer firmware. On your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the Internet, and then open the HP Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
Allow the printer a few minutes to cool down between print jobs.
When the printer becomes too warm, a Cooling down... Sprocket needs to cool down before printing another job. Wait to send another photo. the message might display on the HP Sprocket app. Tap OK to clear the message.
Store the photo paper in a cool, dry place and avoid contact with water. If water spills on a photo, wipe it away as soon as possible to prevent damaging the photo.
Use clean, wrinkle-free photo paper. Avoid loading wrinkled or curled photo paper into the printer.
Make sure images have a minimum resolution of 818 x 1258 pixels per inch (ppi) for optimal print quality. Screen-captured images from your mobile device might not have sufficient resolution for optimal print quality. See your mobile device manufacturer for more information.

If the issue still persists try resetting the printer and update the printer firmware.

1.    Reset the Sprocket unit by placing a push-pin or needle into the small hole on the rear of the unit.  (Reset instructions in the support doc HERE)
2.    Plug in the Sprocket unit with the provided micro-USB cable.  Connect to either a computer USB port or USB wall charger.
3.    Allow the Sprocket unit to charge for 10 minutes.  Note:  A call back may be required in these instances.
4.    Power on the Sprocket unit by pressing/holding the power button for 3 seconds.
5.    A white LED should illuminate on the rear of the unit if power up is successful.
6.    Remind the customer to charge their Sprocket for an additional 60-90 minutes to enable a full battery charge.

If the issue still persists try updating the sprocket firmware from the sprocket app and check if it helps.

Open Sprocket app go to menu-->Sprocket---> Printers; A blue firmware update link will be present if an update is available.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues with your sprocket printer.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello! 

Thank you for your reply!  Actually, I didn't see the issue until after I updated the firmware and updated the iOs.  I have reset the printer several times, but I still get the same result.  And I am using the same paper that I used the "Zink Sticky backed paper".  I have tried all that you have mentioned but still get two vertical dark lines through my picture.  

Thank you! 

Dana

HP Recommended

Hi @DHigs2762,

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉

I appreciate your time and efforts,

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out,

I'm the Flower_Bud & I'm at your service.

I suggest you contact our phone support. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.