Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP sprocket
iOS

I haven't used my HP sprocket in 4 months and today I needed to print some photos but it wanted me to ugrade the firmware. However, when I clicked through the steps to upgrade the fireware, it kept getting stuck and not completeing the firmware upgrade. It is on the screen which says "sending firmware upgrade to sprocket printer" and its been on this screen for hours.

I have reset my device numerous times, I have deleted the app & reinstalled it, and this issue is still persisting. I need help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @HannahNicolette,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Sprocket wherein it does not update the firmware.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue:

Upgrade the printer firmware using the HP sprocket app. HP regularly releases printer updates.

1. Make sure the printer is charged 50% or more.

2. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

3. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

4. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

5. Tap Printers, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

6. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up-to-date.

You may check the link: http://hp.care/2pF9WEv

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
How do I know when the update is complete? I just did it and received a notification not to turn it on myself or "it won't be a good day". Well then how am I supposed to know when it's done?
HP Recommended

Hi @mrshiggy26,

Welcome to HP Forums, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with the firmware update on the unit.

I suggest that you update the printer firmware by following the steps:

1. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the Internet and then open the HP Sprocket app.

2. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

3. Your printer must be charged to 50% or higher before a firmware update.

4. If a firmware upgrade option does not display, then the printer firmware is up-to-date.

You may also check the user guide from the link: User Guide

You may also check the link: Frequently Asked Questions 

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.