Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

I didn't realize but I only had one paper left in the tray and it didn't want to print at all. It didn't give me an error message of "out of paper" but it wouldn't catch for the printer to actually go. Is this normal for the Sprocket? This wasn't in the product description and why does the print quality keep changing on me? This is a brand new replacement I got from HP too. :'(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Beobeo

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand this could be troublesome going through these steps,

However, I'm here to help and to ensure you are at ease.

Although to be honest, If you've completed all the steps I had suggested earlier including the reset from your HP Sprocket User guide: Click here for information,

I'm afraid this could mean that this is a hardware malfunction and requires either a repair or a replacement, I recommend you Contact HP for further assistance.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Beobeo

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand the printer isn't printing though there's one paper left,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Did you have similar issues with the last printer before you had it replaced?

Does it work if you add extra paper to the printer?

While you reply to the above, here's a few steps you could do to start printing again:

• Turn on the printer. By default, the printer is set to turn off after 5 minutes. To change when the printer automatically turns off, open the HP Sprocket app on your mobile device. Tap the Main Menu icon , tap sprocket, and then tap Auto Off. Select when you want the printer to turn off.

• Charge the printer. On the printer, look for white and green indicator lights. The Status Indicator light is solid and white when the printer is turned on and the Charging Indicator light is solid and green when the printer is fully charged.

• Confirm Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your printer. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your printer.

If the printer is already paired to your mobile device, turning Bluetooth off and then on might resolve the issue.

• Make sure the printer has photo paper in the input tray. Load up to 10 sheets of photo paper with the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet. Make sure the Smartsheet is on the bottom of the stack with the bar-code facing down, and the photo paper with the print side facing up.

• Resolve any error messages that display on the HP Sprocket app. For example, if an Out of Paper message displays, load more photo paper into the input tray.

• Move the printer and your mobile device closer together. Bluetooth signals can be weaker at greater distances.

• Update the printer firmware. On your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the Internet, and then open the HP Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• Reset the printer. On the printer, locate the reset button near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply. My previous printer had color issues while this one is started to show similar printing issues as well. I'm very disappointed with how hyped the printer is and all reviews I've seen on YouTube mention how you don't have to change any filters to a picture and it comes out very close to the original photo. My photos have printed either with a yellow or blue tone and grainy looking (my pictures are high quality, way over 5 mb).

Anyway, I added paper and it did print. I didn't want to do that because I was under the impression that you're only supposed 10 sheets at a time which is a pack (to ensure I don't touch the sheets too).

Firmware was already up to date.

It was at 50% battery at the time and even charged it then tried again. It just wasn't catching as one sheet.
HP Recommended

@Beobeo

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand this could be troublesome going through these steps,

However, I'm here to help and to ensure you are at ease.

Although to be honest, If you've completed all the steps I had suggested earlier including the reset from your HP Sprocket User guide: Click here for information,

I'm afraid this could mean that this is a hardware malfunction and requires either a repair or a replacement, I recommend you Contact HP for further assistance.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I apologize, as based on the single sheet pick issue you described, it sounds like you may have received a very rare faulty unit.  Please follow the instructions provided by the agent below to contact HP for a replacement.

In the meantime, I know you said the latest firwmare was installed, but can you double-check again? 

Once you have a connection via the Sprocket app, please do the following to update the firmware:

1.)           Make sure your Sprocket battery is charged greater than 75%, otherwise you won’t see the firmware update option.

2.)           Ensure your Sprocket is powered on and connected to your phone/sprocket app (green circle in menu)

3.)           In the Sprocket mobile app, tap ‘menu’ (3 lines) -> ‘sprocket’ -> ‘Printers’ -> ‘Get Firmware Upgrade’ (blue text)

The firmware update will download and transfer to the device, after which you'll need to power it on again to reconnect.

Also, are you using HP brand ZINK paper or another 3rd party brand?  If you're utilizing non-HP media, that can also result in the poor print quality you are describing.

We're constantly working to improve the product print quality and certainly many customers are thrilled with the output they are achieving.  Hopefully you'll be able to sort out the issue and love your Sprocket 🙂

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks again for all your help. I have a replacement product on the way as this was found to be faulty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.