Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi Raj. Thank you very much for addressing my issue to your team-  I look forward to getting help. And thank you for the wise reminder of keeping my product details private. 

Baxter20, I hope you are getting help too. Thank you for your posts. Let’s keep each other posted. 

HP Recommended

I have a thought: Baxter20 and my light-flashing situation is recent. Is it possible that the recent new (sticker) software update is causing the glitches? Whatever the reason may be, please fix the problem for us customers. I had loved my sprocket despite its imperfection- orange tones. When I first used sprocket, I wrote a positive review with photo  and suggestion on how to reduce the orange tones when using sprocket on Amazon. I will have to update my review as I don’t want to mislead other customers. 😢

HP Recommended

Hi Baxter, 

The outcome of my situation is like yours. Hp is not taking responsibility! Employee sent me a redundant message giving me link to troubleshoot- I already did all that before I came to this blog with my first message! I don’t need anyone to send me that useless link- it’s just hp team’s way to patronize me and get out of their responsibility! I was told my Printer Is more than two years and out of warranty. It doesn’t matter my printer is more than two years and out of warranty. It should still be working especially with such light use. Is HP saying their  product is supposed to be only good for 2 years and then it should be broken and useless? Hp is disappointing. You are not taking responsibility for a faulty product. I should change my review on Amazon. I originally gave it stars. It deserves no star at all! Baxter, sorry, I guess you and I are outback of luck with hp here! 

Another Angry customer, Julie

HP Recommended

Hi Julie.  Thanks for reaching out to me.  I have been trying to get a resolution OR an explanation from HP as to why my 2 year old Sprocket just stopped working.  It certainly wasn’t because of over use because I used it sparingly and it was treated with kid gloves when not in use.  To date, I’ve been given two options: HP will provide me with an extended warranty..ON A BRAND NEW UNIT or buy a new one at a discounted price.  That offer was on 10/25.  I replied I needed more info on the extended warranty (I thought they meant on my existing Sprocket but they meant on a new one) and requested what discount he referred too.  The “Sales Team” was to reach out to me after I provided my email and phone number AGAIN.  I HAVE RECEIVED NO FURTHER RESPONSE.  When it took me 3 dats to respond to them, they “closed” my inquiry and 8 had to start over about 3 weeks ago.  We are getting the run around and they have no intention of taking care of us.  I suppose Sprocket Customers are insignificant in terms of the price of $129.  I am now looking at alternative options.  I need to be able to print wallet size.  I am definitely appalled at the response of HP and I state again that this first generation Sprocket is defective and they know it.  It can’t be a coincidence that we are all having the same issue after only 2 years!  They won’t even try to look at them to determine the problem.  Pathetic really.  Thanks again for reaching out and if I get any further REAL response, I will let you know.  Have a great Sunday.

HP Recommended

Hi Baxter, I appreciate your messages of sharing very much. HP hasn’t lived up to its name so far. It has been frustrating. I’m ready to unscrew my Sprocket and investigate its inside. Nothing to lose! I’ll keep you posted as well if I ever get anything positive from HP employees’ responses. I wish they had better team leaders. What a shame. 

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue! This is ridiculous

HP Recommended

I have not heard from THE SALES TEAM since I was told they would contact me in an 10/25/19 email, to find out what kind of discount they would offer me on a new one.  I’m not surprised, but I am very frustrated at the level of customer service when clearly the product is defective and this thread is proof.  I am looking into alternative products.  I’ll keep everyone posted.  Thanks for responding to my thread.  

HP Recommended

Sorry Jemmajay,  you have the same experience as Baxter and me. I also experienced the so-called “customer service” giving me the run around. Basically Hp customer service’s strategy is passing the bug, like asking customer to contact the other team... no sincere or actual problem solving for us. They sound nice enough until you are assertive for a real solution or answer. Personally, recent responses I get were unprofessional. Long story short, they’ll send me “free ink” if I buy another printer. Never again, after decades of loyalty from my husband and me. No more Hp. I have ordered another portable printer of another brand with a discount for my travels.  

HP Recommended

Mine is a new printer. Just receive 2 days ago. I try to charge it. It keeps flashing  green and red light... been charging for 2 hrs... tried to power on it. It cannot be even turn on. From what i saw in the video there shld be green light if power on... anyone have solve this prob?

HP Recommended

Hi - i[edit]  My advice is to take the Sprocket back, get your money, and buy a Canon Selphy which prints 4x4 and 4 x 6 pics and using the collage feature, you can print the wallet size pics that the Sprocket prints.  My Sprocket was 3 years old but I had only printed about 50 pics before the red/green issue began. They never responded to me what their “deal” would be on a replacement, but did indicate they would give me an additional one year warranty on a new purchase.  Not acceptable.  Ditch the Sprocket before you join the ranks of the rejected customers in this thread. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.