Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi @Joy85

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you please help me regarding this same issue.

HP Recommended

Hi @Anushruti

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

Which model HP Sprocket are you using?

The HP Sprocket 200 printer has two indicator lights. Determine which light is blinking.

Image: Sprocket 200 Status Indicator and Charging Indicator lights

1. Status Indicator light

2. Charging Indicator light

• If the Status Indicator light is blinking red, the printer is in an error state, and an error message displays on the HP sprocket app. For more information, go to Blinking Red Status Indicator Light.

• If the Charging Indicator light is blinking red, the battery has a very low charge, or is unable to charge. For more information, go to Blinking Red Charging Indicator Light.

Also, perform the steps mentioned in this document.

If the issue persists, perform a reset on the sprocket. Locate the Reset button near the charging port.

1. Locating the reset button

2. Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds.

The printer resets and turns off.

3. Turn on the printer.

For some models, the reset button is under the paper cover.

Locating the reset button

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you all of you for pitching in because it does definitely help me save my time, effort, and frustration having to go through all those craziness and lack of social responsibility!! I just recently encountered the same exact issue and was about to contact HP for some solution out. Now that I have read all the comments, I have changed my mind and decided to throw this piece of junk away than to lose my mind over it! I am now genuinely questioning HP processes of R&D and product launching. As a person who have always been opting for HP products, it will no longer be the case from this day onwards. HP should really have advertised and sold this product at a price range of a disposable printer that will probably die on you after 2 years, regardless of the usage frequency. This is extremely frustrating and unacceptable!

HP Recommended

@Ennaanne, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I shall escalate this issue to the concerned team.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ennaanne, I totally agree with you. I too believe in social responsibility and ethics. I would rather any brand be upfront that product will last only X amount of time. At least that’s the truth and buyers buy with awareness and preparedness, and even likely to return to purchase a new one after first one turns into a piece of junk. Good luck with your next printer. 

HP Recommended

While another HP customer posted this, it is exactly how I feel about the product.  I used mine about 4 times and now it won't work at all.  I feel like I threw my money away gambling on this product.  I have accessories and paper that I clearly can't use now and I'll have to sell (to some sucker) on eBay.   Clearly, my Sprocket is out of warranty so there’s no help there!  So your products shouldn’t last beyond a warranty period?  Is that how HP wants to conduct business?  It is obvious to me from this thread and those who are commenting, that this is a serious problem with the Sprocket and not something that was caused by misuse or abuse at the hands of the owners.  STEP UP HP and fix this issue for us.  Perhaps you are so large, you don’t need those of us buying Sprockets.  Your message is becoming loud and clear.  Just say it, we are out of luck unless we buy another one of your products.  No thanks, I’ll be printing from box stores before I buy another one of your products.  Looks like I’m not alone.  Clearly, we spent money on an HP defective product!  The “Accept As Solution”  button below  needs to be changed to “Sorry for your Luck” button.  Furious consumer here in case you can’t tell!

HP Recommended

Hi @Sharob

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have read the same response dozens of times - someone will contact you.  It means nothing since there doesn't seem to be a fix for the problem.  If someone contacts me is it just for HP to get data on the units that have problems or is it to really offer me something in its place that doesn't cost the same as buying a new one?  Is the same issue a problem with the Sprocket 200?  If so, I wouldn't go near one.  I would have to add insurance from SquareTrade and eventually, they would refuse to cover the HP Sprocket once they have to replace so many.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.