Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Joy85, I agree with Baxter20 about HP not standing by their word. It has zero customer service when mine was broken shortly after two years. Fortunately, you probably can still return your Sprocket and get your money back. Baxter20 mentioned Canon Selphy printer- it is indeed superior. I have the old version that I bought 7 years ago; it still prints very beautiful pictures. You will not be disappointed with the sharpness and colors of your photos. My Selphy inks and photo papers are also 7 years old and they still print as if they are new. Great, great product. It is heavier and bigger than sprocket but I have taken it on trips and given photos instantly to happy family and friends. If you’re looking for something really small, light, fun, photo-stickers and picture quality isn’t your priority, you may consider KODAK SMILE Instant Digital Printer. I bought one recently at about 50% discount when I applied for Amazon Prime.  Its picture quality is similar to Sprocket’s but its battery charges better than Sprocket’s and lasts a lot longer. Kodak smile also has collage feature which my Sprocket did not have.  Good luck with your printer! 

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  My sprocket will not come on at all and when I try to charge  it flashes red and green!!  I was hoping  to find a fix for this problem but it looks like we are SOL!!!  This is very discouraging!!!  These sprocket printers are very expensive for what you get and then they crap out within 2 years!! 

HP Recommended

Same problem.  Flashing red and green; prints approx 1/4 of a sheet before shutting down; no help in sight.  It worked well about 6 weeks ago.  My unit is about 2 years old.  

HP Recommended

PlebblesH, sorry you have the same concern. Ths misfortune has happened to many of us ex-sprocket users. I have learned to suck in up and move on. It’s a waste of time and energy dealing with insincere messages that appear helpful at first  but nothing comes through. Passing the bug is not acceptable in customer service but i guess people do that in businesses! I’m sure they don’t mind losing a few customers. I have Canon Selphy and Kodak Smile... and happy with them so far. Read earlier comment for details of these products. Good luck.   

HP Recommended

Jeh5, sorry to hear you have the same experience. Thank you for sharing your experience as customers and potential buyers need to know the truth and make an informed decision before purchasing Sprocket. I wasted a lot of zink papers as they printed only partially as well. 

HP Recommended

@Sovanny

Welcome to HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Add me to the list of having a sprocket that is doing THE EXACT SAME THING!!!   Come on, HP.  This is not a one off.  There is a problem with this product.   And if you google Sprocket won't turn on there are many many more with what I'm sure is the exact same situation.   Totally disappointed and disgusted with the lack of customer service.  Thank you to all those before me that researched and contacted HP and saved me from hours of trying to figure out that there is no resolution.  Ugh.

HP Recommended

I feel the same way. I happened to buy mine at Costco, but don’t know how long they stocked it. When I finally got a hold of a real person at HP, they told me my serial number was out of warranty. They really don’t stand behind their products. Sorry you’re going through this also. I have so much printer paper I’m really pissed off.

HP Recommended

I’m sorry that you are dealing with this also. I just figure once they came out with a new model, they don’t give a ***about the older models and don’t update them. None of us should be having this kind of trouble with our sprockets.

HP Recommended

HP is getting really ridiculous. Initially they are telling me I could get one to one replacement. It took them almost 2months to inform me that they do not take replacement. Somemore It’s a brand new unit. They would give me a refund instead. I have already make purchase of the photo paper that time. I am requesting for them to refund me the photo paper as well. Too frustrating with their service. Will not Want to get hp anymore.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.