Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket
Other

Hello,

I bought an HP Sprocket printer off Amazon.ca on December 28th 2017. I'm having issues with the picture quality. Everything that prints has an awful and incredibly strong pink hue to it. I can't use any of the pictures I've printed with my Sprocket because of this. I thought that the pack of paper I also ordered off amazon (yes it is official HP Zink paper) had the issue, but I'm now on my SECOND pack of paper and it's still printing everything with a very strong pink hue. I've searched this problem and tried everything I've seen suggested to try and fix it. I've charged my printer fully, I've upgraded the firmware, I've re-printed the blue "smartsheet" paper, I've tried cleaning the output rollers, and I've reset the printer. Nothing has gotten rid of the pink hue. And now I've wasted yet ANOTHER $10 pack of Zink paper on this.

I bought this Sprocket printer to replace my old Fujifilm Instax printer, and that printer never had any issues. I'm incredidbly upset and disappointed in my Sprocket printer and I don't know what to do at this point.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kirstielol

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Sprocket printer and it produces a pink hue while printing. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 

During my research, I came across this user guide (click on the link). The page# 13 suggests the following steps for a better print quality: I believe most of the steps you have already carried out. 

• Use genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper. ZINK™ makes custom photo paper for a variety of printers, such as Polaroid, LG, and HP.
  • HP recommends using HP Sprocket Photo Paper for best results. Purchase genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper from hpsprocket.com/start. You can also purchase genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper from other retailers.
  • Always load the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet from the same pack of photo paper currently in the printer. Load the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet into the input tray with the barcode facing down and the photo paper with the print side facing up, and then send a print job.
  • Allow the printer a few minutes to cool down between print jobs.
  • Store the photo paper in a cool, dry place and avoid contact with water.
  • Update the printer firmware.

Finally, you may attempt a reset on the printer as described below:

• On the printer, locate the pin-hole near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the hole to press the reset button until the printer turns off.
  • Restart the printer.

If the issue persists then the evidence points towards a hardware issue with the HP Sprocket printer. I suggest you to contact our HP phone support team (click this link) to check the available service options. As your HP sprocket printer is still under the manufacturer's warranty, that should take care of it. 

Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how this goes.

Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.