Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp sprocket
Hp sprocket is printing with a pink hue and not true colors. I've tried a new packet of Zink paper and it's still printing like that.
19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi @Luzm82,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having print quality issues on your HP Sprocket printer. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you,

Let's first try to reset the printer to get it working properly. On the printer, locate the reset button near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds to reset the printer.

Once done, reconnect the printer via Bluetooth.

If the issue still persists, go to this link and perform the steps mentioned under "What can I do to improve print quality?".

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Luzm82 - 

If you haven't already, you may want to try updating the firmware on your sprocket printer.

Once you have a connection via the Sprocket app, please do the following to update the firmware:

1.)           Make sure your Sprocket battery is charged greater than 75%, otherwise you won’t see the firmware update option.

2.)           Ensure your Sprocket is powered on and connected to your phone/sprocket app (green circle in menu)

3.)           In the Sprocket mobile app, tap ‘menu’ (3 lines) -> ‘sprocket’ -> ‘Printers’ -> ‘Get Firmware Upgrade’ (blue text)

Finally, please make sure you are utilizing HP brand ZINK paper, as 3rd party alternatives may produce less than desireable print quality.

Thanks and Sprocket on!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Luzm82,

I see you are having issues with print quality on your sprocket. Try these recommendations to clear the issue. One thing I want to note is the blue smartsheet that came with your printer--make sure you used it to calibrate the sprocket to that specific pack of paper. 

Use these recommendations to help improve print quality.
  • Use genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper. ZINK® makes custom photo paper for a variety of printers, such as Polaroid, LG, and HP. HP recommends using HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper for best results. To purchase genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper, go to the HP Sprocket homepage. You can also purchase genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper from other retailers.
  • Clean the output rollers with the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet from the same pack of photo paper currently in the printer. Load the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet into the input tray with the bar code facing down and the photo paper with the print side facing up, and then send a print job.
     NOTE:
    Load photo paper with the Smartsheet to avoid an Out of Paper error message.
  • Allow the printer a few minutes to cool down between print jobs.
    When the printer becomes too warm, a Cooling down... Sprocket needs to cool down before printing another job. Wait to send another photo. message might display on the HP Sprocket app. Tap OK to clear the message.
  • Store the photo paper in a cool, dry place and avoid contact with water. If water spills on a photo, wipe it away as soon as possible to prevent damaging the photo.
  • Use clean, wrinkle-free photo paper. Avoid loading wrinkled or curled photo paper into the printer.
  • Make sure images have a minimum resolution of 818 x 1258 pixels per inch (ppi) for optimal print quality. Screen-captured images from your mobile device might not have sufficient resolution for optimal print quality. See your mobile device manufacturer for more information.
Jesyka 🙂

I work on behalf of HP. #HPExpertsDay

Please click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is resolved.

HP Recommended
Mine is printing pink as well and I've done everything you said. Sad:(
What next?
HP Recommended

Hi @Mollymaec - 

I'll send you a PM and we can work on this further.  It will help to see your specific image and a photo of the print outs you're experiencing.

Thanks!

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
My printer is brand new done everything listed and it's doing this beyond gutted and angry is an understatement ... HELPPPP
HP Recommended

Hello @Kirstysuffolk - 

Could you tell us specifically which phone brand/model you are using?

If you've recently updated your firmware (1.1.3 is the latest), you may want to rescan the blue smartsheet again, even if you've already done it once with the same pack of media.

The ZINK paper technology output will never exactly match what you see on your smartphone.  That is the reality of this being a portable printer that you can take with you anywhere.

Hopefully we can optimize your print quality as best as possible.

HP Recommended
So I just put the blue scanner at the bottom again?
HP Recommended
I'm using IPhone 6s all software is new in phone and printer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.