Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
It just doesn't even loook relatively like the colours it's orange/pink faded and striped! Will try the blue card now
HP Recommended

I just got the printer today for my birthday and I states that it is version 1.24.0 (3257).  It print with a very yellow washed out hue.  All the color on all pictures look horrible and not defined.  The face lines look not well defined either.  I think it's a total waste of money I less there is a fix for it.  Please help.

HP Recommended
I've also done everything listed in this forum and where my photos should be white they come out pink like the early phase of a sunset and the surrounding colors are changed as well because of it. I'm starting to think it's a quality of product problem and cannot be fixed. I just got this printer too, definitely not happy
HP Recommended

I came here via google because I have the same problem. I got my Sprocket yesterday and right away I noticed the results of the printouts were pretty bad. Not only are the colours pretty washed out and the photos are bad quality overall - but there's a weird pink/red tint to them. Even the photos I've printed to be black and white. The white/grey is pink-ish in those. 

My Sprocket is fully charget, there's nothing wrong with the app itself, I've updated the firmware and I'm using the papers I'm supposed to use (used the blue paper first as I'm supposed to). 

B&W picture (as you can see it comes out with a weird tint)B&W picture (as you can see it comes out with a weird tint)Part of a B&W picture (as you can see it comes out with a weird tint)Part of a B&W picture (as you can see it comes out with a weird tint)They actually look better in this photo than they do IRL. The colour photograph has the tint too, but it's more noticable in the B&W ones (especially this one).They actually look better in this photo than they do IRL. The colour photograph has the tint too, but it's more noticable in the B&W ones (especially this one).

HP Recommended

Got a brand new HP Sprocket Printer for my daughter. Very disappointed, prints with a very pinkish hue. We updated the software, followed some of the instructions on this site, to no avail. A very disappointing Christmas Day, thanks HP!!

HP Recommended
So dissatisfied with my sprocket. Done everything to try to fix it and still we all look like umpaloompa from Charlie the chocolate factory. Hp definitely needs to fix this as it's been a issue for some time now instead of coming out with a 5x7 version. Very unhappy customer
HP Recommended
I’m having the same issue!! I have tried everything, new paper, run the blue sheet, updated firmware, cool down (it’s never gotten hot), reset, full charge, I even got a brand new phone. Nothing works, every photo is pink. I wasn’t expecting stellar quality, but this is awful. Pink everywhere. Please help!!!
HP Recommended
Mine was a brand new red printer so we returned it and got a different one. This new one works well. I wonder if the first one (traditional and original red color) had sat on a shelf at Walmart for so long its heating element or paper went bad. The new one has a pink casing and those are relatively new on the market. Just wondering what makes one print bad and print well
HP Recommended

Wow I should have read some of the comments before asking my hubby to get mi the Sprocket for christmas. Prints don't look nothing close to original they are so BAD!! stripped and with a weird tint. very dissapointed.

HP Recommended

The same problem... And all of support I've got is to hear "well, that's the quality of the printer, if you want something better buy another one". That's the garanty will get by buing HP products.
Shame!!!:ThumbDown:
Hope people will see this before they throw their money away.  Don't do these mistake!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.