Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
1AS85A

My  sprocket wouldn't connect to my phone, so I looked on the app and it told me to press the restart button inside the actual sprocket This is the button it told my to pressThis is the button it told my to press

Then after I pressed it all lights turned off and the only light that I can get to turn back on is the light next to the charger which is constantly red even though it's been on charge for at least 24 hours.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Bee24

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, the HP Sprocket is not powering on.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 Let the printer cool -

1) Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the USB cable.
2) Let the printer cool for at least 15 minutes.
3) Turn on the printer.

Step 2 Charge the printer -

1) Connect the USB cable to the printer, and then connect the other end to a power source with at least 2 AMPs, such as a wall adapter or USB-capable power strip.

Using a USB cable to charge the printer

2) Using a USB cable to charge the printer
Charge the printer for at least 30 minutes or until the Charging Indicator light turns green.
3) Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
4) Turn on the printer.

Step 3  Reset the printer -

1) Remove the paper cover.
2) Locate the Reset button.

Locating the reset button

3) With a paperclip or pin, press and hold the Reset button for 3 seconds.
4) Replace the paper cover, and then turn on the printer.

If the issue still persists, this would confirm a hardware issue. I have sent you a private message with the details regarding the service options.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I've tried all the options above and it still won't turn on.

It started off as a co nection problem when I was printing a photo. I tried to print 5 copies of that photo and it only produced one copy. Then the rest were in the "queue" and my app said that there was a connection problem / transfer problem. So I tried rebooting the machine and the app. And then now it's just unresponsive (see description below). 

After I've reset my sprocket (by pressing the reset button with a pin for 3 seconds), I try to turn it on again pressing the power on button, but all I get is  the power indicator light flashing 5 times in red.

And even though I've tried charging it again, no matter how long I charge it for, the power indicator is still red rather than green.

I only got my sprocket 1-2 months ago and I've only used it twice.

Please help! I'm so upset.

HP Recommended

I’ve tried resetting it but it won’t respond to anything, it only charges for a few minutes with a red light but still won’t turn on, what do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.