Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
iOS

Iphone 6 running on IOS 11.2.1 won't even see Sprocket printer in Bluetooth, let alone try to connect to it. All my Android devices can see it and connect to it. Sprocket firmware is up to date (not asking to update). This is driving me mad!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @48crash, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you have issues connecting to sprocket printer from your iPhone.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

As you mentioned you have issues connecting to sprocket printer from your iPhone.

After sending a print job to your Sprocket, the print job does not print and the HP sprocket app cannot connect to the Sprocket. When attempting to upgrade the Sprocket firmware, the upgrade fails.
The HP sprocket app or Sprocket firmware might be outdated, or the Sprocket might be connected to another Apple iOS device.
Make sure your mobile device is connected to the Internet and the Sprocket battery is charged 50% or more.
Make sure your mobile device is updated to Apple iOS 11.2 or later, or the steps in this document will not resolve the issue.
For more information, go to Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (in English) on the Apple Support website.
Turn off the Bluetooth feature on any nearby Apple iOS devices.
On your mobile device, go to the HP sprocket app (in English) in the App Store.
Look for an app update.
If an update displays, tap Update.
If an update option does not display, the app is up-to-date.
Turn on the Sprocket.
On your mobile device, open the Bluetooth settings menu.
Nearby devices display.
Look for your Sprocket in the list.
If the Sprocket displays in the My Devices list, tap the Information icon, and then tap Forget This Device. Reset your mobile device by turning it off, and then on. Open the Bluetooth settings menu, and then tap your Sprocket from the Other Devices list.
If the Sprocket displays in the Other Devices list, tap it.
If the Sprocket does not display in the list, tap Search or Scan, depending on your mobile device. When the Sprocket displays, tap it.
Open the HP sprocket app.
Tap the Menu icon, tap sprocket, and then tap Printers.
The Sprocket information screen displays.
Look for a Sprocket firmware upgrade.
If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the Sprocket firmware is up-to-date.
You can now connect and send print jobs to your Sprocket.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot sprocket printing issues.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.