Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I've just bought a new HP 7134 and enrolled in the instant ink program.  I'm getting a message that the colour startup cartridge has an issue, and until resolved I won't get any colour instant ink cartridges.  I understand that the startup cartridge needs to be available to fully set up the printer, but where do I get a replacement from - assume it's the cartridge and not the new printer.  Or is there anything I can do to resolve the issue.  I've removed and installed both cartridges several times.  The black one is fine and there is an instant ink one on it's way to replace that when it runs out.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Annegp, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To provide you with an accurate solution, we would like to know the following:

Was the printer setup complete before you got the error message on the printer?

Were you able to print the test and alignment pages?

If yes, nothing to worry about, you can wait until you get the Instant Ink startup cartridges that will include both black and tricolor. Meanwhile, to isolate the issue we can reset the printer and try updating the printer firmware. Here is how you do it-

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  5. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed

HP regularly releases new printer firmware versions with product enhancements or issue fixes. Depending on your printer, apps on the printer control panel might also receive updates. Update firmware and apps on a regular basis to make sure you are getting the most out of your printer. Refer to this link for help.

For further assistance, we would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.