Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP sprocket
iOS
It’s not even 2 months I purchased this product and now when printing getting lines it’s insane! Upgrade and need to fix this bug. This issue is not for single it’s for multiple people and not hardware issue as impacted and impacting many. Get a solution.
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Tejab

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. I'm here to help.

Most of the HP Sprocket print quality issues can be resolved by updating the printer firmware and cleaning the paper path rollers. Please try these steps:

1.) On your mobile device, open the HP Sprocket app and go to menu>sprocket>printers, a "blue" firmware update link will be present if an update is available, click on it and make sure that you stay on the Sprocket app screen for the entire duration of the update. If no firmware update available proceed to next step.

2.) Load the blue HP ZINK Smartsheet from the same pack of photo paper currently in the printer into the input tray with the bar code facing down and the photo paper with the print side facing up, and then send a print job.

Note: Load photo paper with the Smartsheet to avoid an Out of Paper error message.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.

The printer is brand new, bought it last night...the latest software & brand new, so not dirty.

Stripes all the way through every print.

I wasn't expecting perfect quality, but this quality is appalling. I am sorry, but what an expensive piece of rubbish, I think think we'll be returning this for a refund.

HP Recommended

Hi @SuzG1,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank-you, I look forward to hearing from someonere. This issue. 

HP Recommended

Try check the film, it might be over-exposed or been in the printer for quite sometime. I try to open up new set of printing film and it print out nicely, good as new. The old film in the printer is a bit yellowish than the brand new one. 

HP Recommended

this was my experience as well, opened a new pack and the colour of the unexposed film was very different to the pack that came with the printer. Prints from then on came out without lines. Not a good out of the box experience.

HP Recommended

I have tried using the same blue sheet that came with the same pack several times, upgrading firmware and the lines only look worse!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.