Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket 200
iOS

Hi there, just unpacked a brand new Sprocket 200 we got for our daughter’s birthday. Printed 5 photos, updated firmware, followed all the steps mentioned in the troubleshooting guide but photos are all pink-ish! Very disappointed!! Any help?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Update: Just had a chat with support via WhatsApp. They asked to be sent photos. Unfortunately, the photos the iPhone took off the printed photos are better than the Print-outs. I was told this was the best quality the Sprocket could do, though. Basically, settle with pinkish prints

HP Recommended

@Jents

Welcome to HP support community.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to fix this issue. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem here. Purchased the sprocket 200 in November 2019 and had pink hues all over the print outs. Got a replacement set in January 2020 but it had the exact same issue and was told by the support staff that it was because of the paper and asked me to head down to the service center to get it checked. This was so ridiculous because I was told by their very own HP support staff that customers would never need to go down to the service center for the sprocket because it didn't make sense for such a small printer. Normally a replacement piece would be sent. So i requested for a replacement to be sent.

Just got the replacement's replacement unit today and the thing wouldn't even turn on after a full charge (120 mins). This unit was sent to me with a guarantee from the HP support staff that it would work, that they would have tested the exact unit out and send that unit to me upon making sure that it would work. It's March 2020, I still don't have a HP sprocket 200 printer that should work as advertised. 

Looking at HP sprocket 200 reviews online, YouTube etc, their prints come out without the pinking tint. So it's utter rubbish that they would tell you this would be the best quality the Sprocket can produce. It's a problem with the product, something that HP does not want admit. I would suggest for you to get a replacement unit and if that unit still doesn't work,  to just discard the printer and don't think about it. Because getting any further help with yet another replacement unit would be a waste of your time and energy. The printer should work upon first purchase, I don't understand why customers have to go through so much trouble just to get a product to work as promised. 

My experience conversing with HP support was not very helpful. Was told to wait multiple times/ and days each time i made a call back. Had requested for a refund when the 3rd replacement unit i got wouldn't even turn on but they dodged my statement and insisted on a replacement unit to be sent to me again. i'm waiting for my 3rd replacement unit now. I'll insist on a refund if this unit does not work still. 

HP Recommended

@qmjmjmj

Welcome to HP support community.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to fix this issue. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.