Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket
iOS

I successfully printed ONE picture.  My kids were so happy!

Loaded the firmware update, now it won't print > queue angry kids!

My error message is that there isn't paper loaded, which there clearly is.  With the stupid blue smartsheet.

> Does the blue smartsheet work with all paper packs?  I accidentally threw out my blue smartsheet after the first picture not realizing I needed it every single time.  Then I opened a new pack and stuck the next smartsheet in with the original paper.  

> I also loaded the paper that came with the new pack with the appropriate smart sheet.  NOTHING, still same error that I need to load paper 😞

is this an issue with my iOS version?  the sprocket?  the firmware?  I'm about to pitch it, so mad.  

thanks for help, so many frustrated people HP!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

First, you only need to have the blue sheet come out ONE TIME for a pack of paper.  it comes out (and you can save it) and then you can print 10 sheets!  It does NOT get loaded for each sheet.

My understanding is that the blue card that comes with each pack should STAY for that pack.  That is, you could use another blue sheet if needed, but it should be the one for that pack. I could be wrong however.

So follow the troubleshooting advice you will find here, but only use the blue sheet at the start of a new pack--okay?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.