Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

When I select a photo from my gallery it does not come up to the preview screen.  The circle just keeps spinning.  I have tried several times, waiting several minutes, and nothing happens.  I have also uninstalled and re-installed the sprocket app.  If I choose a photo from my wallpapers, it works fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

We're aware of this issue and working to address it right now.  Can you try editing the photo in your phone gallery (e.g: cropping or adding a filter), then see if you are able to open the preview?

Alternatively, you might try e-mailing that same image back to yourself, saving it to your phone, then opening it in the Sprocket app.  I recognize this is a hassle, and we're working feverishly on a fix.

Thanks for your patience!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

We're aware of this issue and working to address it right now.  Can you try editing the photo in your phone gallery (e.g: cropping or adding a filter), then see if you are able to open the preview?

Alternatively, you might try e-mailing that same image back to yourself, saving it to your phone, then opening it in the Sprocket app.  I recognize this is a hassle, and we're working feverishly on a fix.

Thanks for your patience!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

The editing and saving worked!  Kind of a nuisance, but at least I can use it now.  Btw, didn't really have to edit, just saved and it still worked.  Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

Was having the same problem and tried taking a screenshot of the photo I wanted to print and it worked! Another workaround option until you guys push out an update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.