Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hello,

how can I access the printer. In the documentation I have read, that HP was working close together with Apple so that the printer can be used in iOS. The Sprocket is not detected as an Airprint printer. Is there an API and how to I access it?

Best Regards & thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Sprocket printer supports Bluetooth connectivity, as a such it cannot be used with Apple Airprint.

Printing can only be done from within the HP Sprocket app, not from any other app.

You may find its user guide below:

You must install the companion sprocket app to operate the HP Sprocket Printer with your mobile device.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05280005

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,

thanks for your response. I know af a third-party app which does use the Sprocket as a Printer. So there has to be a way...
I'd love to add this functionality to my apps too - so my customers would become your customers!

Is this maybe an undocumented feature?

Are there any plans to release the API?

Best regards

Martin

HP Recommended

I am not aware of any API available for the HP Sprocket, surely not any such publicly accessible.

Of course, I am commenting from my experience, not on behalf of HP in any manner as the forum rules, any such is not currently available, but I highly doubt any such will become available in the future.

Cheers,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.