Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket

I just received my HP Sprocket. It was printing just fine with the first pack of paper I received with it, but after I put in a new pack of paper (HP brand of ZINK photo paper), the pictures got very pixelated and grainy. I reprinted some pictures that I printed with the first pack to see if it was the printer or the paper, but they all came out worse than the first time around.  I have reinserted the blue paper, and it's the same. Please help. Thanks!

Firmware Version 1.15

Hardware Version 5

Battery fully charged

Android phone (that's all I know about it)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @greenkiwi,

Thanks for the quick response.

Please check my private message for further details. 🙂

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @greenkiwi,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

I went through the details, and I see that you've already performed most of the troubleshooting steps. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

Let's try a few steps which you haven't tried yet.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Locate the reset button near the charging port.

Figure : Locating the reset button

Locating the reset button
  3. Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

The printer resets and turns off.

4. Turn on the printer.

Once done follow the steps given below to update the firmware. 🙂

Upgrade the printer firmware using the HP sprocket app. HP regularly releases printer updates.

1. Make sure the printer is charged 50% or more.

2. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

3. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

4. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

5. Tap Printers, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

6. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up-to-date.

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did as your instruction said, and it's still printing funny. I've attached a picture of what came out. The top one is from the first time I printed and came out fine.

It's hard to tell, but the bad pic is much blurrier than the good pic. And those lines...

2018-03-18 18.16.03.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi @greenkiwi,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to auto detect.Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options".

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I wasn't able to contact anyone is the reason why I came to this forum.  >.<

When it asked for the serial number, it said I need to enter the product number also. I can't find the product number for this, so I couldn't go any further on the contact page.

HP Recommended

Hi @greenkiwi,

Thanks for the response. 🙂

Please let me know which country/region you are from, in a private message, to assist you further with required details.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @greenkiwi,

Thanks for the quick response.

Please check my private message for further details. 🙂

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much~ We got it all sorted out.

HP Recommended

Hi @greenkiwi,

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Hurray!!! I'm delighted to hear that it's working! Feel free to reach out to us again. Have a great day. 🙂

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead. 

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think it may be the new firmware or something. The replacement was printing just fine until I updated it. Now it's all grainy and pixelated again (without the weird lines this time). How do I uninstall the latest firmware?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.