05-16-2017 03:26 PM
Printer won't pick-up and feed paper. When "encouraged" to feed in manually, prints fine. Just won't feed paper on own. Pick-up rollers probably bad. How/where can this be repaired?
05-17-2017 02:49 PM
Good Day. Thank you for stopping by the HP forums. I reviewed the post regarding paper pick issues. I will be glad to assist you here. :)
Superb description and splendid diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. :)
- Did you perform a hard reset on the printer and check?
- Did you clean the rollers?
It looks like a hardware issue with the printer. Please perform all the prescribed steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6700-premium-e-all-in-one-printer-series-h711/4322... to try and resolve the issue. If the printer has no hardware issues, this should resolve the issue for you. If it does not, then please contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true
(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps.
Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a superb week ahead. :)
I am an HP Employee