03-16-2017 07:50 AM
I have an HP Envy 4502 that for some reason will not print from my lapton. I have a packard bell with windows 7 os. I connect the printer via wireless and that works from the printer side - i can print out a test page with diagnostic resulst.. all ok. Then i send a document to be printed via word and it goes to print, then after a few seconds comes up as error. I run the troubleshooting for hp and it comes up that a document is blocking the printer. So i empty the printer queue. The re-run the troubleshooting and it comes up with "Troubleshooting couldnt identify the problem". On opening the troubleshooting report - everything is ok apart from " Problem with printer - detected - There might be problems with HP ENVY 4500 series (Network). Windows will take additional steps to further troubleshoot" then there is nothing further that happens and nothing further to click on... Please help
03-16-2017 05:58 PM
Hello, @Granpa411 - Hope you are well
Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!
I see that you are having issues while printing from your HP envy printer. I would recommend you clean install the printer drivers to try and fix this issue. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL47762/mp-115701-6/EN4500_198.exe to install the software.
- Select the connection type as “Wireless” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
NB: If the issue persists, try opening the MS Word as “Administrator” and then try to print. Simply search for Word in windows search box, and while the MS word result comes up, right-click and select “Run as administrator”.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am an HP Employee