Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp sprocket
iOS

I haven’t used my HP Sprocket since 2016. I decided to finally get more paper and use it again. I printed out my first picture, then i wanted to print another. But it printed the same as the first. I tried turning it off and then on, even a hard reset. But now i have four of the same picture. How do i fix this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Brianna0303, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

Reset your mobile device and Sprocket

Reset your mobile device and Sprocket to clear any errors states.

1. Turn off your mobile device, and then turn it back on.

2. Turn on the Sprocket.

3. Remove the Paper Cover, and then use a narrow object, such as a pen or paperclip, to press and hold the Reset button for 3 seconds until the Sprocket turns off.

NOTE: 

The location of the Reset button varies by Sprocket model. Typically, the button is located underneath the Paper Cover, but can also be found on the outside next to the charging port.

Example of resetting the HP Sprocket Select Photo Printer

Example of resetting the HP Sprocket Select Photo Printer

4. Turn on the Sprocket.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Upgrade the Sprocket firmware

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the Sprocket firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.