Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi, I am having issues with the quality of photos. I have already researched this forum and have tried to reload the paper, ensure that it's all in accordance with insructions etc. 

Below are: a sample printed photo and the original photo opened in the HP app. The printed photo is vevry orangy and looks even worse that an Instax photo. In addition there is are always lines on photos (either on top, or in the middle of photographs). 

The re-seller does not accept a return of the printer and commented that this sort of quality would be expected from a small printer like sprocket. However, based on your website and the packaging of the printer, I was expected the quality to be much better (at the very least, I expected the colors to be retained and not completely changed into something orange). 

If there is no solution to this problem, please advice me  on my options in terms of getting a refund for the printer from HP.

If this is in fact expected quality, I would still like to get a refund for the printer as the material that is  provided by HP on its website and on packaging is  misleading as to the quality.

IMG_2333 (1).jpgIMG_2334 (1).PNG

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi! @Polina_C, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have print quality issues while printing from your sprocket printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you printing using HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper?

Please provide the image or OS you are running on your smartphone to assist you better.

As you mentioned when you print from the sprocket printer the printer is not printing in original color.

First, try uninstalling and reinstalling the sprocket app from your smartphone and check if it helps.

Please, the few steps recommended below.

Use these recommendations to help improve print quality.
Use genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper. ZINK® makes custom photo paper for a variety of printers, such as Polaroid, LG, and HP. HP recommends using HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper for best results. To purchase genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper, go to the HP Sprocket homepage. You can also purchase genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper from other retailers.
Clean the output rollers with the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet from the same pack of photo paper currently in the printer. Load the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet into the input tray with the bar code facing down and the photo paper with the print side facing up, and then send a print job.
   NOTE:
Load photo paper with the Smartsheet to avoid an Out of Paper error message.
Update the printer firmware. On your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the Internet, and then open the HP Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
Allow the printer a few minutes to cool down between print jobs.
When the printer becomes too warm, a Cooling down... Sprocket needs to cool down before printing another job. Wait to send another photo. the message might display on the HP Sprocket app. Tap OK to clear the message.
Store the photo paper in a cool, dry place and avoid contact with water. If water spills on a photo, wipe it away as soon as possible to prevent damaging the photo.
Use clean, wrinkle-free photo paper. Avoid loading wrinkled or curled photo paper into the printer.
Make sure images have a minimum resolution of 818 x 1258 pixels per inch (ppi) for optimal print quality. Screen-captured images from your mobile device might not have sufficient resolution for optimal print quality. See your mobile device manufacturer for more information.

If the issue still persists try resetting the printer and update the printer firmware.

1.    Reset the Sprocket unit by placing a push-pin or needle into the small hole on the rear of the unit.  (Reset instructions in the support doc HERE)
2.    Plug in the Sprocket unit with the provided micro-USB cable.  Connect to either a computer USB port or USB wall charger.
3.    Allow the Sprocket unit to charge for 10 minutes.  Note:  A call back may be required in these instances.
4.    Power on the Sprocket unit by pressing/holding the power button for 3 seconds.
5.    A white LED should illuminate on the rear of the unit if power up is successful.
6.    Remind the customer to charge their Sprocket for an additional 60-90 minutes to enable a full battery charge.

If the issue still persists try updating the sprocket firmware from the sprocket app and check if it helps.

Open Sprocket app go to menu-->Sprocket---> Printers; A blue firmware update link will be present if an update is available.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues with your sprocket printer.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

This is Vignesh B

Welcome to HP Consumer Support Forum. I am happy to assist you!

Please try the below mentioned Troubleshooting steps and let me know if this helps you resolving the issue.

Step 1 : please make sure you have the alignment placed in the paper tray. So, that the printer would be calibrated to the best quality mode.

Step 2 : In Case, if the issue still persists, Please go the sprocket application on the mobile, Please click on the firware updates on the left pane. Please update the firmware.

Step 3 : Please turn off the printer and turn it back on.

Step 4 : Please place the alignment sheet one more time and then try printing.

We hope this helps you resolving the issue

Please contact 1-800-474-6836 for any assistance. We work 24*7.

Thank you for choosing HP. Have a wonderful day ahead.

Please click the "Thumbs Up", to say thanks for helping!

Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue.

I am an HP Employee.

Ricky
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.