Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
My Sprocket says it’s out of paper when it isn’t. When it goes to print, it’s noisier than it used to be, nothing comes out, and then I get the out of paper message.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Hammerc ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

Reset the printer:

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Locate the reset button near the charging port.

Figure : Locating the reset button

Locating the reset button
  3. Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

The printer resets and turns off.

4. Turn on the printer.

Upgrade the firmware:

Upgrade the printer firmware using the HP sprocket app. HP regularly releases printer updates.

1. Make sure the printer is charged 50% or more.

2. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

3. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

4. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

5. Tap Printers, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

6. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up-to-date.

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.;)

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have done all of this with no change. It doesn’t sound right, either. Is it possible to have it repaired or replaced?
HP Recommended

Mine has just started doing this! Did you get any resolve? None of the above did anything to fix mine also 

HP Recommended

The steps in the post here may help

Barachiel - sorry to step in, but it has been many months without a response...

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.