Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket
I feel like throwing this gadget across the room . I literally got this last night around 6 pm . Since then I have had problems let me go down the list . Yesterday When I turned in my printer there was an update . I updated the sprocket after that the started printings pics . The first pics were real grainy . So I was advised to turn off my embedded button however you say it . The pics where some what better if you like a red tint and over saturated pics . Today since 5 o'clock I had to wrestle with this printer .My printer continue to shut off and on after a few pics were taken . Then I received an error where my printer did not connect to my iPhone 8 plus . I was advised to turn off my wifi which it worked . So I was happy . However my printer continue to disconnect after three prints . After a hour my printer once again had an error which I reset my printer whiched worked . So my niece and I began to edit pics because the quality isn't that great . While printing once again I received another error printer not connected . I turned of wifi and tried to reset it twice ; nothing is working . I am so disappointed . I feel HP knows this printer needs alot of work but continue to sell because they have people that some how feel it works for them . I wish the printer quality included will work for me. Less than 17 hours. I had 3 errors , several printer dhoutbfowns , open three packs of paper to see if I get good quality . I am not expecting great quality but what I am expecting us a working printer period . I left a pretty good phone printer Fuji sp 2 for all the bells and whistles of the sprocket . I really would have listen to reviews and hope Hp sprocket developers read my post . Js disappointed is a very nice way of describing how I really feel .
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey @Ashleymw1981 - 

We're here to help 🙂

Can you confirm if the firmware on your printer is version 1.1.5?  After the Sprocket is connected, you can check this from menu (3 lines) -> sprocket -> Printers.

If you aren't running the latest device firmware, please follow the instructions below to update:

• Charge your sprocket battery to at least 50%
• Power off your sprocket printer
• In the iPhone Bluetooth menu (Settings -> Bluetooth), tap the ‘i’ button next to the “sprocket” device, then tap “Forget This Device”
• Restart your iPhone by pressing/holding the power button for 3 seconds, then sliding to power off
• Power on your sprocket printer
• Discover and pair your sprocket printer by tapping on the “sprocket” device when it appears in the iPhone Bluetooth menu (Settings -> Bluetooth)
• Open the sprocket mobile app, where you’ll be automatically prompted for the firmware upgrade

We know there are still some issues with the print queue which we are working urgently to solve.  For now, if you wait until the first print completes before sending a second photo, that should help in the meantime.  We hope to have a solution in our next iOS update in a little more than a week from now.

Thanks!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
yes it’s 1.1 5 ... Thnk you can it connected but I don’t know how long that will last it’s a hit or miss . Just wondering when are ya going to make color better if ya can
HP Recommended

Thanks Ashley!  

The connectivity should be much more robust now with the new firmware.  However, the queue may still have an occasional hiccup until our fix in the next app release.  For now, after sending a print, I'd wait until it has fully completed before sending another.  We will have a resolution soon!

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

Forgot to mention, we are working on further color improvements prior to the holiday.  However, there are limitations with the ZINK technology and being such a small/portable printer.

Stay tuned...

HP Recommended
So I should hold up returning this until you guys update the quality of the prints and this will happen by next week . I hope so ..
HP Recommended
So I should take my sprocket back since sprocket use zink technology or are you guys upgrading the sprocket to a different Printer or a similar printer . I can't stayed tuned I am excited .
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.