Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket 200
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

My phone will not recognize HP Sprocket. It was working fine a couple days ago. I printed 8 photos and changed the paper today. It will not print or connect. Please do not suggest I update the firmware because that only works if the printer is actually paired.

I have done a factory reset, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, unpaired ALL of my bluetooth devices and repaired them, and yet, the HP does not even show up as a pairable device. please help. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PMSmonster, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Reset your mobile device and Sprocket to clear any errors states.

1. Turn off your mobile device, and then turn it back on.

2. Turn on the Sprocket.

3. Locate the Reset button.

4. HP Sprocket 200 Printer: Remove the paper cover, and then use a narrow object, such as a pen or paperclip, to press and hold the Reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button on the HP Sprocket 200 Printer

Clear Bluetooth Cache – Android

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Select “Application Manager”
  3. Display system apps (you may need to either swipe left/right or choose from the menu in the top right corner)
  4. Select Bluetooth from the now larger list of Applications.
  5. Select Storage.
  6. Tap Clear Cache.
  7. Go back.
  8. Finally, restart the phone.

Confirm mobile device settings

1. Turn on the Sprocket.

2. On your mobile device, open the Bluetooth settings menu, and then make sure Bluetooth is enabled.

3. Android devices: On your mobile device, open the Location or Location Services menu, and then make sure the setting is turned on.

4. NOTE: You can turn location permission on to connect and print, and then turn it off when you are not using the Sprocket.

5. Location menu example on Android

6. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

7. Tap the Menu icon, tap sprocket, and then tap Manage Printers.

A list of available Sprockets displays.

• If your Sprocket displays: The Sprocket is connected.

• If your Sprocket does not display: Tap Add New Printer, and then tap the name of your Sprocket.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.