Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I've bought a new Sprocket 200. Tried charging, the light next to the charging port goes red. Sprocket does not switch ON. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@samkoyna, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Reset your mobile device and Sprocket

Reset your mobile device and Sprocket to clear any errors states.

1. Turn off your mobile device, and then turn it back on.

2. Turn on the Sprocket.

3. Remove the Paper Cover, and then use a narrow object, such as a pen or paperclip, to press and hold the Reset button for 3 seconds until the Sprocket turns off.

NOTE: 

The location of the Reset button varies by Sprocket model. Typically, the button is located underneath the Paper Cover, but can also be found on the outside next to the charging port.

Example of resetting the HP Sprocket Select Photo Printer

Example of resetting the HP Sprocket Select Photo Printer

4. Turn on the Sprocket.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What do you mean by mobile device? The Sprocket did not switch on at all and so I did not even try connecting it from my mobile. I tried the reset steps shared below to no avail. After the reset process which I carried out atleast 3 times to ensure that I was not doing anything wrong, when I press the power button for 3 secs, the red light blinks for that while and then goes off when I stop pressing the power button. If I put the printer back on charging, the red light next to the charging port stays on and red. I'm thinking of returning this back to Amazon and try another make.

HP Recommended

The HP virtual assistance is poor I'm afraid. HP really needs to learn from Apple and build friendly products. Never had I for last 10 years after buying nearly 20+ apple products, call or get in touch with the support guys for technical issues.

HP Recommended

@samkoyna

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the replacement.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.