Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
The sprocket gives me an error message that the app has unfortunately stopped working when I try to save an edited picture for printing. I don't have this problem when I print an unedited picture.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @Moploveshelloki,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to print from your sprocket as the App crashes, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Are you using a iOS device or Android?

Recommend you delete the app on your mobile and install it back and check. 

Keep me posted. Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have uninsulated and re-installed the app. I am using android5.something. I saw that you need 4.4 or above
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested step on your phone. 

Recommend you perform a factory test on the phone and install the sprocket app back on your phone and check. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
What's a factory test?
HP Recommended

Hi @Moploveshelloki, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

Have you tried installing the app on a different device and check if it the issue persists?

I think my colleague meant to perform a factory reset on your phone and check if it helps.

Try resetting the printer and check if it helps.

Reset the printer. On the printer,
locate the pin-hole near the
charging port, insert a straight pin
into the hole to press the reset
button until the printer turns off.
Restart the printer.

Also, Update the printer firmware. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the Internet and then open the HP Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

If the issue still persists try updating your phone to the latest version of Android and uninstall and reinstall the HP sprocket app from the app store.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.