Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP SPROCKET
My month old HP SPROCKET doesn't print the pictures. The blue paper comes out but then it stops. It also used to tell me that I had the wrong paper installed. Now I don't know what to do.
14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Dmbondo -

Thanks for the feedback.  Don't worry, we'll get this taken care of for you.  First off, are you using 'HP brand' ZINK paper, or another brand such as Polaroid or LG?  If the latter, you can remove the blue smartsheet when printing to overcome this issue; but note that you are likely to see color variation that wouldn't occur if using our branded HP paper.  

Pricing on the different ZINK paper in the market should be similar, so hopefully there isn't a reason to use off-brand paper that could impact your print quality.

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
Yes I am using hp zinc paper. Sad to say that this started almost as soon as I purchased this.
I have the black one. Is there a difference in loading the paper from the white one? Only because all the directions show the white one.
HP Recommended
Also, what is the purpose of the blue paper?
HP Recommended

Hi @Dmbondo - 

My guess is that you are running the previous version of FW, which could occasionally have an issue with smartsheet detection.  Could you try updating the firmware on your sprocket w/the following steps?

You can download the new release following the steps below:

1.)           Make sure your Sprocket battery is charged greater than 75%, otherwise you won’t see the firmware update option.

2.)           Ensure your Sprocket is powered on and connected to your phone/sprocket app

3.)           In the Sprocket mobile app, tap ‘menu’ (3 lines) -> ‘sprocket’ -> ‘Printers’ -> ‘Get Firmware Upgrade’ (blue text)

After updating, please try the printing process again and let me know if you are encountering the same issue.

Thanks so much!

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
When I go to Google play store, there are no updates available. 1. My battery is always fully charged before I use it.
2. Sprocket is always powered on and the phone is always on the app.
3. I'm going to try #3 and I will get back to you.
HP Recommended

@Dmbondo -

Thank you for trying the steps I recommended.  I mentioned all 3 steps, because #1 and #2 must be done before you can attempt #3.

This isn't related to an App update in the Google store, but rather updating the firmware on your physical Sprocket device. 

Please try updating your printer firmware from the app as recommended in step #3 and let me know if that solves your problem.

Thank you!

HP Recommended
When I do that, it only tells me that my firmware is 1.1.2 It there is nothing there to click onto in order to upgrade firmware.
I also went on the app on my phone, and it only says Uninstaller or force stop. No upgrade.
My phone now is 96% charged.
Feeling really disappointed and dissatisfied.
HP Recommended
I'm sorry, not my phone. Sprocket is 96% charged.
HP Recommended
When I do that, it only tells me that my firmware is 1.1.2 It there is nothing there to click onto in order to upgrade firmware.
I also went on the app on my phone, and it only says Uninstaller or force stop. No upgrade.
My phone now is 96% charged.
Feeling really disappointed and dissatisfied.
It prints blank w/of the blue aper.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.