Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I'm having the problem. I can't connect to any devices. I have reset my printer. I have made sure the printer is fully charged. I've made sure that all my mobile devices that i've tried it with are connected to the internet. Its as if the bluetooth on the printer is broken.  

As for updating the firmware, how can I even get to that point if the printer doesn't connect. The menu on the app won't show any connected printers.

My app version is 2.09. The IOS on my iphone x and ipad is 11.2.6.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@ydeo

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that your HP Sprocket wont connect to iPhone. I will be a delight to assist you here.

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂  Kudos to you on that score.:)

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

When did this issue start?

Are you getting any error message?

Meanwhile

Reset your mobile device and Sprocket

1. Turn off your mobile device, and then turn it back on.

2. Turn on the Sprocket.

3. Locate the reset button.

• HP Sprocket Photo Printer: Insert a straight pin into the reset button access point next to the micro-USB charging port, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the reset button for HP Sprocket Photo Printer

• HP Sprocket Plus Printer: Remove the paper cover, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point next to the input tray, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the reset button on the HP Sprocket Plus Printer

• HP Sprocket 2-in-1: Remove the paper cover, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point next to the input tray, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Location the reset button on the HP Sprocket 2-in-1

4. Turn on the Sprocket.

Upgrade the Sprocket firmware

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printers, and then tap your Sprocket in the list.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the Sprocket firmware is up-to-date.

Confirm Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your Sprocket

1. Turn on the Sprocket.

2. On your mobile device, locate the Bluetooth menu in your wireless connection settings.

3. Look for your Sprocket in the list.

• If your Sprocket displays in the list of Paired Devices or My Devices, the Sprocket is connected.

• If your Sprocket displays in the list of Available Devices or Other Devices, tap it to connect.

• If the Sprocket does not display in either list, move the Sprocket and your mobile device closer together, and then tap Search or Scan. When the Sprocket displays, tap it to connect.

Example of a Sprocket in Paired Devices (Android)

Example of a Sprocket in My Devices (Apple iOS)

Example of a Sprocket in Paired Devices

Example of a Sprocket in My Devices

4. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

5. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

6. Tap Printers, and then select your Sprocket in the list.

7. If An Error Occurred message displays, tap OK, and then continue to the next step.

You can refer this HP Document for more assistance: https://hp.care/2IN44PP

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

These steps you recommended did not work. I can’t connect to device via Bluetooth. 

HP Recommended

Same here, and my 2 in 1 doesnt have a reset button?

HP Recommended

Doesnt work!!!

its a first day i open it it just worked fine and second time i tried (same steps) it doesnt pair on bluetooth section.

all the lights are working fine but not bluetooth? 

so many people having this trouble but someones fix someones doesnt. 

We are waiting a clear answer sir! Its just first day and already having trouble? Just unblievelble

HP Recommended

[edit]

I suspect the Sprocket has a basic hardware problem!  Mine is a total dud, has never been recognised through Bluetooth - first device I've ever had trouble with!  VERY disappointing!

HP Recommended

Hi you are not alone!!! i have been trying to pair mine for days!!! i almost gave up BUT i got it to recognize my sprocket!!! ignore the HP prompts...

this is what i did:

1) my iphone X is on and bluetooth on

2) sprocket is ON - 

3) open HP app and start the setup - i chose the “sprocket” device.... BEFORE u hit next on the third screen - i put a pin in and held the reset button in for 15 seconds....

4) then turned sprocket back ON - 

5) then i hit “next” and a box popped up with “select device” .... wait for it... there it is!!!! mine had “ Sprocket (..:..) some letters : some numbers.. not sure what they mean but this worked!!!!! try it out! and it even printed a pic too! ahhhh!!!

HP Recommended

Thank You so much!! I've tried for an hour to get my new sprocket to connect to the app and all I get is "we're still looking". I did my steps a little different, but worked! 

1) iphone ON, bluetooth ON and sprocket ON

2) manually connect the sprocket via iphone Bluetooth list

3) open HP app and start the setup - i chose the “sprocket” device, next, next and looks for device.... while it's looking, it'll prompt "we can't find your device..still looking". While this screen is still in searching mode, AT THE SAME TIME -put a pin in the sprocket reset button and hold it in for 15 seconds and it will shut off.

4) then turn back ON the sprocket

5) then a box popped up with Available Printers “select device”..and there it is!!!! mine had “ Sprocket (..:..) some letters, then choose OK.

6) then another box will pop up with Select An Accessory and this takes 3sec to load, so be patient, then choose your sprocket once it's been detected. 

7) Your Devices Are Paired! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have the same complaint. I have done everything that has been suggested and still the printer doesn't connect to the bluetooth.  Frankly this is a waste of £85. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.