Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket App
  • I would like to suggest for the next update of the sprocket app that it would include a countdown to show how many pictures are left to take.  
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@choppy1 wrote:
  • I would like to suggest for the next update of the sprocket app that it would include a countdown to show how many pictures are left to take.  

That would be useful, but it would require more than just an update to the App.  The Sprocket is designed to be used by multiple devices that could connect and print.  The "prints left" feature would require changes to the printer firmware to make assumptions of how many sheets were being loaded (assume a full pack) and to be able to communicate the information back to the App(s) as to how many had been printed and how many remained.

I do remember the "counter" in the old film cameras that would indicate how many were remaining, and the satisfaction of being able to get an extra picture or two at the end of the roll.  

It would be nice to have some warning before the paper was running out.  I am still on the first set of paper loaded into my Sprocket, I do not know how gracefully the Sprocket will communicate it needs a refill.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thanks Bob for your response. I hope that in the next firmware update, they can make it happen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.