Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP sprocket photo printer
iOS
I have been using the thin white border around all my photos on my sprocket since Christmas, and printed many photos for a project, all containing the white frame, but upon opening the app, I cannot see the frame any more. I have tried deleting and redownloading the app, but it has still not appeared. Is there any way to get the frame back?
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi! @Lizziebix, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have issues selecting white frame using the sprocket app.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Try updating your IOS device to the latest version.

Try uninstalling the app from your IOS device and update the sprocket app to the latest version using this link. Click Here

Please try few steps recommended below.

1.    Reset the Sprocket unit by placing a push-pin or needle into the small hole on the rear of the unit.  (Reset instructions in the support doc HERE)
2.    Plug in the Sprocket unit with the provided micro-USB cable.  Connect to either a computer USB port or USB wall charger.
3.    Allow the Sprocket unit to charge for 10 minutes.  Note:  A call back may be required in these instances.
4.    Power on the Sprocket unit by pressing/holding the power button for 3 seconds.
5.    A white LED should illuminate on the rear of the unit if the power-up is successful.
6.    Remind the customer to charge their Sprocket for an additional 60-90 minutes to enable a full battery charge.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Turn on the printer. By default, the printer is set to turn off after 5 minutes. To change when the printer automatically
turns off, open the HP Sprocket app on your mobile device. Tap , tap sprocket, and then tap Auto Off. Select when
you want the printer to turn off.
• Restart your mobile device. Turning off and then turning on your mobile device might clear any errors.
• Check for an HP Sprocket app update. On your mobile device, go to the Google Play Store™ or the App Store®, and then
search for the HP Sprocket app. Select the app from the list, and then check for an update.
• Update the printer firmware. On your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the Internet, and then open the HP
Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts
to complete the update.
Troubleshooting and FAQs
• Update the software on your mobile device. Check your mobile device settings to confirm you have the latest version
of the operating system software installed. Contact your mobile phone manufacturer for more information about
updating the operating system.

If the issue still persists try updating the sprocket firmware from the sprocket app and check if it helps.

Open Sprocket app go to menu-->Sprocket---> Printers; A blue firmware update link will be present if an update is available.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot HP sprocket app issues. Link: https://dustinweb.azureedge.net/media/297114/sprocket-photo.pdf

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark an accepted solution for this post.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for the help @MrRobot and the prompt reply, but I have followed all the steps you have suggested and the frame still isn’t in the app - is it possible it was simply removed in the latest update? It would be a shame but I’m beginning to think that is what had a happened. Thank you for trying to help anyway.
HP Recommended

@Lizziebix,

I reviewed the post. Great effort and troubleshooting done. Thanks for the update. As @A4Apollo is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf.

I will need to do further research regarding this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Lizziebix,

I am getting back to you after doing some research here. Some frames may have been removed from the sprocket app and it is not an iOS issue.

So the frames may be missing. Please uninstall the sprocket app and download and install the latest one and check again.

If it still does not work, then it can safely be assumed that the latest Sprocket app works in this manner only.

Thanks and have a blessed day ahead

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
@DavidSMP, @MrRobot,

Thank you for trying to find solutions, I’m not going to lie, I am very disappointed that it has been removed considering I have printed over 50 photos with that frame, but I am glad that it is not my sprocket that is having issues.

Thank you again.
HP Recommended

@Lizziebix

You're most welcome.

I understand your frustration. I have sent you a private message for the next course of action.

Cheers!. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Lizziebix,

We moved many of our stickers and frames to the cloud to reduce the app download size. They will download automatically when you open the app and are connected to the Internet. Please be patient as they download. I do see the thin white frame that I believe you are referring to. Hopefully it is the same one. We watch the data analytics for the embellishments closely & change content from time to time based on holidays, popularity & usage throughout the year. I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

-Kay_Kay

Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the "Thumbs Up" below to say "Thanks!"

I work for an HP Partner
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.