12-08-2017 12:53 PM
After updating my iPhone to iOS 11.2, I haven’t been able to print from my sprocket. How do I resolve this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-08-2017 12:56 PM - last edited on 12-08-2017 10:41 PM by Debbie_L
The latest iOS update resulted in a connectivity issue. Fortunately, this issue has been addressed and you can take the following steps to resolve it:
- Update your Sprocket iOS app to version 2.03.1 or later
- Charge your sprocket battery to at least 50%
- Power off your sprocket printer
- In the iPhone Bluetooth menu (Settings -> Bluetooth), tap the ‘i’ button next to the “sprocket” device, then tap “Forget This Device”
- Restart your iPhone by pressing/holding the power button for 3 seconds, then sliding to power off.
- Power on your sprocket printer
- Discover and pair your sprocket printer by tapping on the “sprocket” device when it appears in the iPhone Bluetooth menu (Settings -> Bluetooth).
- Open the sprocket mobile app, where you’ll be automatically prompted for the firmware upgrade.