Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket 200
iOS 12 - 12.0.1

Hi, I know this is a stupid question and I suppose irrelevant as long as the printer still prints, but it would be nice to know. When I take the lid off the printer no red light comes on and it use up previously, and when I print the lights dims which is fine but it then seems to jump and flicker. Is this a problem with the printer or just me ?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JacobA1

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there seems to be an issue with the LEDs on your Sprocket printer.

Don't worry, I'm here to help!

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 Update the printer's firmware -
Make sure your mobile device is connected to the Internet and then open the HP sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update. Your printer must be charged to 25% or higher before a firmware update. 

Step 2 Reset the printer -
Remove the Paper Cover and press and hold the small round button near the Paper Tray until the printer turns off. The printer will automatically restart. When you complete a hardware reset, your personalized settings will not be reset (Custom Name, Personal Color, etc.).

To learn more about the Status LED Indicator Light, please refer to page# 2 of the service guide.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi yes I have tried both of these and still it’s not working. But thank you anyway 

HP Recommended

Hi yes I have tried both of these and yet neither of then have worked. Thank you anyway 

HP Recommended

@JacobA1

Thanks for trying. This would confirm a hardware issue.  I have sent you a private message with the service options for your printer.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.